Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Can someone please clarify that this is what is required for travel?

16 replies

legophoenix · 20/06/2022 11:37

Flying to Majorca on Friday and I'm a bit confused about what we need to take Covid certificate wise.

DH and I both triple vaxxed although booster was just over 6 months ago - presume this is ok. We both have the status app on our phones - not paper copies - again, is this sufficient?

DS 13 - unvaccinated (no lectures please - his choice). He had Covid in February so he has a paper recovery certificate. Does he also need to test or fill in any other forms?

DS 9 - I'm assuming he just saunters through

Many thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

rea2022x · 20/06/2022 11:40

legophoenix · 20/06/2022 11:37

Flying to Majorca on Friday and I'm a bit confused about what we need to take Covid certificate wise.

DH and I both triple vaxxed although booster was just over 6 months ago - presume this is ok. We both have the status app on our phones - not paper copies - again, is this sufficient?

DS 13 - unvaccinated (no lectures please - his choice). He had Covid in February so he has a paper recovery certificate. Does he also need to test or fill in any other forms?

DS 9 - I'm assuming he just saunters through

Many thanks

It states he has to be vaccinated? Have a read at this!

www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/entry-requirements

Please
or

Yodaisawally · 20/06/2022 11:41

We're going to Ibiza and don't think we need anything apart from the app on your phone. I'm printing that out though, knowing me I'll leave my phone on the plane.

Your DS 13 does need his certificate.

No one needs to do the health control form anymore.

Please
or

legophoenix · 20/06/2022 11:50

It states he has to be vaccinated? Have a read at this!

Where does it say that?

It says you have to provide proof of vaccination or proof of recovery or proof of a negative PCR

OP posts:
Please
or

legophoenix · 20/06/2022 11:51

Yodaisawally · 20/06/2022 11:41

We're going to Ibiza and don't think we need anything apart from the app on your phone. I'm printing that out though, knowing me I'll leave my phone on the plane.

Your DS 13 does need his certificate.

No one needs to do the health control form anymore.

Thank you

OP posts:
Please
or

WhatIsThisPlease · 20/06/2022 12:51

I'd take paper copies too. Friend of ours could open the app on his phone and they wouldn't let him fly!

We're going in a couple of weeks and have paper copies of everything, just in case

Please
or

legophoenix · 20/06/2022 13:12

WhatIsThisPlease · 20/06/2022 12:51

I'd take paper copies too. Friend of ours could open the app on his phone and they wouldn't let him fly!

We're going in a couple of weeks and have paper copies of everything, just in case

This is the sort of thing I'm worrying about.

Is it the QR code you need to print? I don't have time to send off for a proper certificate

OP posts:
Please
or

PedalPedal · 20/06/2022 13:25

Unvaccinated 12-17 year olds need to do a PCR 72hours before or an Antigen 24hours before, they also need to fill in the Health locater forms or they do with the airline I'm travelling with anyway

Please
or

PedalPedal · 20/06/2022 13:27

Oh sorry, did not see the bit where he has had Covid! Just the paper certificate then and the forms if flung with TUI

Please
or

legophoenix · 20/06/2022 13:37

PedalPedal · 20/06/2022 13:27

Oh sorry, did not see the bit where he has had Covid! Just the paper certificate then and the forms if flung with TUI

We are flying with Tui - what forms do we need?

OP posts:
Please
or

zafferana · 20/06/2022 13:59

We used the app to prove our vaccine status (inc. for our 14-year-old DS) when we went to Spain in Feb (flew with BA). Just make sure that if your DS is known by a nickname that he's set up his NHS app with his proper name, to match his passport. Our DS had put his nickname in, which is completely different from his real name!

Please
or

maddy68 · 20/06/2022 14:01

Please
or

legophoenix · 20/06/2022 14:11

zafferana · 20/06/2022 13:59

We used the app to prove our vaccine status (inc. for our 14-year-old DS) when we went to Spain in Feb (flew with BA). Just make sure that if your DS is known by a nickname that he's set up his NHS app with his proper name, to match his passport. Our DS had put his nickname in, which is completely different from his real name!

We are in Scotland and under 16s can't get the app..... his recovery certificate is in his full name same as passport though 😮‍💨

OP posts:
Please
or

PineappleWilson · 20/06/2022 14:21

@PedalPedal I know it's a typo but I love the idea of flung as part of the verb "to fly" - we were flung etc. It seems fitting with some of the airlines' current practice.

Please
or

legophoenix · 21/06/2022 09:18

Can someone confirm for me that my 9 yr old doesn't need to do anything? I am just getting a bit overwhelmed with all the conflicting info, trying to get last minute bits and pack! thank you

OP posts:
Please
or

hopeishere · 21/06/2022 09:36

Children and young people
Children under the age of 12 years old do not need to:
• complete an online Health Control Form before travel
• show proof of being fully vaccinated on entry to Spain
• take diagnostic tests prior to arrival
• show proof of having recovered from prior COVID-19 infection in the last 6 months

Please
or

legophoenix · 21/06/2022 09:59

hopeishere · 21/06/2022 09:36

Children and young people
Children under the age of 12 years old do not need to:
• complete an online Health Control Form before travel
• show proof of being fully vaccinated on entry to Spain
• take diagnostic tests prior to arrival
• show proof of having recovered from prior COVID-19 infection in the last 6 months

Thank you 😊

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?