Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Bella Italia - Lake Garda

3 replies

Kmwa · 17/06/2022 10:25

Looking for some very recent reviews of Bella Italia. I have never been and have a 1 and 5 year old. It looks great but would love to hear first hand from someone who has recently been there.

Is there lots for children to do?

Who did you book with and what accomodation is best for small busy family?

Is there evening entertainment, if so what time does it usually begin?

What is food like? I don't want to be cooking much at all on holiday so if there is good food for both adults and 5 and 1 year old this would be good.

Thankyou 😀

OP posts:
Please
or

Fivemoreminutes1 · 17/06/2022 16:52

It’s pretty (pathways are lined with flowers) and well laid but a bit faded in places. There are about four exits from the site that are right on the lake. You can easily paddle, swim, hire boats etc…. We watched the sun set over the water every evening.
We were in a Eurocamp Esprit, the most basic mobile home they have. It was fine – nothing special, but not awful. The beauty of holidaying in Italy is that you can be reasonably sure you’ll be spending all your time outdoors – on the deck of the mobile home, at the pool, around the campsite or on day trips. For us, the mobile is just the place you sleep.
The pools were quite crowded but the children loved them - there was a good selection of slides and splashy things. I really liked that the two main pools were under a meter deep so my youngest could play while we watched from the side. We never failed to get a lounger no matter what time of day we went down – it’s so big, there are always people coming or going.
Outside the pool, there was so much for the kids to do. We tried something different each day and the kids were never bored. We did find it hard to get bikes for us all as a family. Make sure to book these as soon as possible especially if you need a trolley or baby seat bike as we tried twice and they didn’t have any available. We rented scooters for the dc instead.
There are a few restaurants on site and you can order excellent takeaway pizza if you want to relax on your own deck. We also had external restaurant options within walking distance, and it really made the holiday. Just outside the campsite there’s a restaurant with a stunning lakeside setting. Go there for coffee, ice cream, lunch, dinner, or cold drinks after a day on the water. The food is great, and the overall atmosphere and setting is even better. You can also walk to Peschiera where there’s a huge choice of eating options.
There was entertainment every night in the arena area, we went a couple of times. The Foam Party was fun and the musical was enjoyable too, the gameshow night was less enjoyable.

Please
or

Kmwa · 18/06/2022 00:23

Fivemoreminutes1 · 17/06/2022 16:52

It’s pretty (pathways are lined with flowers) and well laid but a bit faded in places. There are about four exits from the site that are right on the lake. You can easily paddle, swim, hire boats etc…. We watched the sun set over the water every evening.
We were in a Eurocamp Esprit, the most basic mobile home they have. It was fine – nothing special, but not awful. The beauty of holidaying in Italy is that you can be reasonably sure you’ll be spending all your time outdoors – on the deck of the mobile home, at the pool, around the campsite or on day trips. For us, the mobile is just the place you sleep.
The pools were quite crowded but the children loved them - there was a good selection of slides and splashy things. I really liked that the two main pools were under a meter deep so my youngest could play while we watched from the side. We never failed to get a lounger no matter what time of day we went down – it’s so big, there are always people coming or going.
Outside the pool, there was so much for the kids to do. We tried something different each day and the kids were never bored. We did find it hard to get bikes for us all as a family. Make sure to book these as soon as possible especially if you need a trolley or baby seat bike as we tried twice and they didn’t have any available. We rented scooters for the dc instead.
There are a few restaurants on site and you can order excellent takeaway pizza if you want to relax on your own deck. We also had external restaurant options within walking distance, and it really made the holiday. Just outside the campsite there’s a restaurant with a stunning lakeside setting. Go there for coffee, ice cream, lunch, dinner, or cold drinks after a day on the water. The food is great, and the overall atmosphere and setting is even better. You can also walk to Peschiera where there’s a huge choice of eating options.
There was entertainment every night in the arena area, we went a couple of times. The Foam Party was fun and the musical was enjoyable too, the gameshow night was less enjoyable.

Thank you for all the info. Such a great help! Do tou think there are better options rather than eurocamp for the accomodation types or possibly the bungalows from seeing in your own eyes?
I have read a few reviews which mention Peschiera and it sounds like a really nice place.

Lastly, do you holiday much and if so, what is your most highly recommended holiday with children? Interested to know people's favourites 🙂

Thank you!

OP posts:
Please
or

Fivemoreminutes1 · 18/06/2022 06:50

There might be better options, we didn’t really look. I know that there are some apartments there which have a separate pool area which you can’t book through Eurocamp. Personally I can’t fault Eurocamp - they cam to help us straight away when our bbq was broken and even picked us up once when we missed the last bus.
we holiday a lot with the kids, and don’t really have a favourite place or style of holiday - we just prefer to mix it up!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?