Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Bangkok

4 replies

Hillyview2 · 11/06/2022 11:37

Any tips on how best to spend 2 days in Bangkok in August with a 12 and 15 year old?

OP posts:
Please
or

Rosieumbrella · 11/06/2022 14:56

The Grand Palace in Bangkok is amazing, it is a huge complex so you can easily spend a few hours there. You need to cover up, or they will give you a sarong type thing to cover your legs if you turn up in shorts. I love Wat Arun too - it is right by the river so you can get on one of the boats that runs down the river to reach it, the boats are a great way to travel as you can get a good look at the city and it’s a lot calmer than the roads! There will probably be really heavy downpours in the afternoons in August so maybe think about finding something to do inside - there are some good shopping malls but I can’t remember names. I love Bangkok but haven’t been for years so others might have some more up-to-date ideas.

Please
or

JustbackfromBangkok · 11/06/2022 15:08

Shopping (IMO)

Siam Icon is brand new and palatial. Regional food selection is excellent, all the top brands (it isn't a cheap mall at all). Top floor has a fountain with lights and displays. Famous restaurant too. You have to go by boat. (Unless the train line is completed now).
MBK is fun for tourists with a good food court (chicken fried rice and Thai iced coffee), always our first call when we arrive. Has a cinema and games on top floor.
Paragon is the best cinema (duvets, drinks, snacks brought to your seat). Good food court and great ice cream. Please stand up when they play the national anthem. It is so rude and disrespectful not to and causes offence.

Please
or

Hillyview2 · 11/06/2022 18:55

Thank you, some good ideas, I’m sure my kids will love a cinema with duvets and snacks, home from home!!

OP posts:
Please
or

SheriffCallie · 11/06/2022 21:09

My kids (pre-teen) loved going to Asiatique, an open air night market with a Ferris wheel. We got a water taxi down, which was inexpensive.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?