Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Entering Australia - Covid vaccination etc

2 replies

rainsunsnow · 08/06/2022 13:12

Hi,

I'm going to Australia this weekend. I have my paper Covid vaccination certificate but when I go into my flight booking to check requirements it says there's an international vaccination cert I need?

www.passports.gov.au/international-covid-19-vaccination-certificate

I'm not sure if that's just for Aus residents though as it mentions Medicare? Is my UK paper vaccination certificate enough?

Thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

dementedpixie · 08/06/2022 13:15

Proof of vaccination status

You must present proof that you have been fully vaccinated to enter Australia.

If you were vaccinated in Australia, you should use an International COVID-19 Vaccine Certificate (ICVC) generated by Services Australia. If you were vaccinated outside of Australia, you can use a foreign vaccination certificate. See the requirements for foreign vaccination certificates from the Australian Department of Health.

Australia will accept the UK’s proof of COVID-19 vaccination record and proof of COVID-19 vaccination issued in the Crown Dependencies. Your final vaccine dose must have been administered at least 7 days prior to travel. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.

Please
or

rainsunsnow · 08/06/2022 13:24

Thank you! I get confused and second guess myself in these situations.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?