Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Travel to France COVID restrictions

14 replies

Liliuk · 05/06/2022 16:10

Hi, I am being completely thick here but I don't understand if my 14 DS who is double Vaxed can enter France without doing a LFT. I read the rules 5 times still don't get it.... thanks!

OP posts:
Please
or

CeeceeBloomingdale · 05/06/2022 16:17

Are you reading them on gov.uk or elsewhere?

aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cugov.ukL2ZvcmVpZ24tdHJhdmVsLWFkdmljZS9mcmFuY2UvZW50cnktcmVxdWlyZW1lbnRz

It seems fairly straightforward wording here, he’s vaccinated so doesn’t need a LFT or PCR. If he wasn’t vaccinated he would be asked for a negative test.

Please
or

CeeceeBloomingdale · 05/06/2022 16:17

aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cugov.ukL2ZvcmVpZ24tdHJhdmVsLWFkdmljZS9mcmFuY2UvZW50cnktcmVxdWlyZW1lbnRz

link fail!

Please
or

Liliuk · 05/06/2022 16:25

@CeeceeBloomingdale thank you, I am not sure if with 2 doses he is considered fully vaccinated or he needs the third dose booster

OP posts:
Please
or

CeeceeBloomingdale · 05/06/2022 16:47

There is no option for teens to be boosted. It’s in the link, over 18s need to be boosted if more than 9 months since their initial vaccinations but that doesn’t not apply to under 18s as that wasn’t offered. I doubt it’s over 9 months since second jab anyway if he’s a teen.

Please
or

Liliuk · 05/06/2022 17:29

CeeceeBloomingdale thank you

OP posts:
Please
or

Saisong · 05/06/2022 17:33

We went this week with a 12 and 15yo. They just needed a printout of their NHS covid pass showing both vaccinations. It was scanned on the way in and not needed thereafter.

Please
or

itrytomakemyway · 05/06/2022 17:46

I am confused byt the wording too. I had my second vaccine last June, and the booster last December. I am travelling to France in September. Am I correct in thinking that I am therefore considered fully vaccinated and will be ok to travel as long as I have the NHS proof of vaccine paperwork?

Please
or

CeeceeBloomingdale · 05/06/2022 17:52

itrytomakemyway · 05/06/2022 17:46

I am confused byt the wording too. I had my second vaccine last June, and the booster last December. I am travelling to France in September. Am I correct in thinking that I am therefore considered fully vaccinated and will be ok to travel as long as I have the NHS proof of vaccine paperwork?

Yes you are correct. There is no expiry date on the booster. Anyone who just had two jabs can only travel for 9 months after the second jab then they need to be boosted or take a test as an unvaccinated person.

Please
or

Clymene · 05/06/2022 17:58

They are offering boosters now to vulnerable teenagers so I would imagine they'll be rolled out to all teenagers at some point. Not sure if they'll change the rules in France but worth keeping on your radar

Please
or

itrytomakemyway · 05/06/2022 17:58

Thanks for the clarification - was just having a bit of a panic. The whole 9 months thing in the wording was what was making me second guess myself.

Please
or

poorbuthappy · 05/06/2022 18:00

Thanks for this. I couldn't work it out either. Our local health board are not currently offering boosters for non vulnerable teenagers and of course the 2nd jab was more than 9 months ago. Looks like 3 bloody tests for us.

Please
or

poorbuthappy · 05/06/2022 18:05

Actually just checked. Twins had 2nd jan in Jan. Not sure where DD1 card is!

Please
or

Liliuk · 05/06/2022 20:03

Thank you everyone, so if DS had second jab within 9 months of travel he is good to go?

OP posts:
Please
or

Liliuk · 05/06/2022 20:03

Thank you for that, really helpful to know

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?