Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Dress code advice

5 replies

Gendercritic · 31/05/2022 21:13

Haven't been abroad for several years and this is our first 5 star trip; this sounds really trivial but want to avoid being declined access to the dining room of our 5 star hotel in Corfu this Summer. I like dressing for dinner but DH not so much - does he need long trousers in the evening?

OP posts:
Please
or

MissAmbrosia · 31/05/2022 22:28

You need to check with the hotel surely? Their website should tell you, or if a 5 star place there should definitely be a concierge, or reception staff who can advise?

Please
or

TizerorFizz · 31/05/2022 22:37

Quite often 5* abroad isn’t The Ritz is it? I wouldn’t necessarily expect DH to be able to wear shorts though but it might have casual dining and not be 100 % formal. Email them?

Please
or

AnnaSW1 · 31/05/2022 22:41

As long as you're not rocking up for dinner in your bikini I'm sure you'll be fine.

Please
or

TizerorFizz · 31/05/2022 22:42

Angsana, (5* resort) for example, says dress code for the restaurants. Nothing formal but smart casual usually is not shorts. Cotton/linen trousers would be fine I would think.

Please
or

TizerorFizz · 31/05/2022 23:02

Plus if he takes trousers and doesn’t wear them, it’s no big deal is it? Better than feeling odd one out in the event trousers are required.

Ws were touring around Arizona and stayed at a ranch. Men were required to wear jackets to dinner. DH didn’t have one so they put one on him! In the middle of the desert we didn’t have a choice of restaurants!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?