Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

2 days in Paris with 7,10 and 15yo

3 replies

Fuuuuuckit · 22/05/2022 21:41

15yo has been twice before, I've been several times, my friend not for years. Need something to keep all kids (mostly) happy and entertained. Friend is keen for kids to stick to reasonable bedtimes...

Not disney, not Parc Asterix. We're staying west of the city.

No bookable tickets for the Eiffel Tower, weather is looking OK.

I'm happy to repeat all the touristy stuff but don't want to wear the kids' feet out.

Any kid-friendly suggestions?

OP posts:
Please
or

Flatandhappy · 23/05/2022 06:40

The bateaux mouches are touristy but fun and an easy way to sightsee but not tire kids out. The Musee d’Orsay is more manageable than the Louvre. My kids loved the restaurants around St. Michel and picnicking by the Seine early evening.

Please
or

southlondoner02 · 23/05/2022 07:05

As Eiffel Tower is booked you could go up Tour Montparnasse. Great views from the top.

The batobus is good and you can hop on and off as much as you like

Please
or

stringbean · 23/05/2022 07:28

Fantastic views from Montparnasse Tower on a clear day - really recommend. If you're set on the Eiffel Tower you can buy a walk up ticket from one of the south pillars: great way to see the structure, takes about 20 mins to reach the main level. If you're west of Paris and kids have not seen ET, go first to the Trocadero metro station - will never forget the look on our kids' faces when they came up out of the station to be faced with the ET opposite - such a great view! Our dc at 9 and 12 enjoyed the Arc de Triomphe, a stroll round Montmartre, Musee d'Orsay - has a great collection of impressionist paintings - walk by the river or take the Batobus - has about 9 stops where you can pick it up. Dc enjoyed random things too, like the bridges with padlocks everywhere (currently they're all on the pedestrian bridge outside Musee d'Orsay). Queue for an ice cream at a branch of Amorino - lovely flavours and they shape them to look like a flower Smile

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?