Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Holiday for very active child

12 replies

greyinganddecaying · 22/05/2022 16:35

I've been looking into Euro Disney but would welcome other ideas too.

My youngest is always on the go - we also suspect ADHD - so any holidays we have need to be quite structured with all-day activities. It's not enough to do half day activities and half day chilling out as we'd be climbing the walls by teatime.

I really want a holiday this year - ideally abroad as we've not been for so long - but most things I see are pool-based (with kids clubs in the morning) which just isn't enough for us.

Can anyone recommend holidays/resorts that have plenty of activities available (or within easy reach) - that don't cost the earth?

TIA

OP posts:
Please
or

HSKAT · 22/05/2022 16:40

Have you looked at Holiday village hotels?

Please
or

Threetulips · 22/05/2022 16:44

Or try centre parcs abroad - there’s quite a few

Please
or

rookiemere · 22/05/2022 16:44

Not sure what age you're talking about but Neilson holidays have loads of activities, or something like Simply Morzine which are Alpine based where you can book to do loads of activities like mountain biking and canyoning.

Please
or

Barleysugar86 · 22/05/2022 16:52

www.travelrepublic.co.uk/2-6255084-1/the-land-of-legends-kingdom-hotel?&adgroupid=115209581660&source=GUKRS&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvqeUBhCBARIsAOdt45ZuIdvaxYLEzte0GQ_1u9phrtg6wFUuPNbaXbJvlNkimanbKeWwwKgaAt3ZEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you are keen on something like Disney this Turkish Hotel has a water park and small theme park on site, shuttle to sister hotel with private beach, all day kids club with activities including cooking classes, and free games arcade for guests.

Please
or

Badger1970 · 22/05/2022 16:56

Family friend had 2 very "energetic" kids and she swore by Mark Warner holidays. She only saw the kids in the evening when they were worn out!

Please
or

wwyd2021medicine · 22/05/2022 17:01

Came on here to say Mark Warner
The childcare was excellent. Full timetable of activities depending on age. Mine did windsurfing, water skiing, sailing mixed in with beach and pool games and loved it. Also, games or films in the evenings.

Please
or

greyinganddecaying · 22/05/2022 17:06

Thanks - some good ideas here!

Last time I looked Neilson and Mark Warner were out of our budget range unfortunately (pity as they look great). He's aged 6/7 and can't yet ride a bike confidently due to balance issues, although that doesn't stop him throwing himself into everything else! He also can't swim (despite learning for 2-3 years) so water sports need to accommodate that.

OP posts:
Please
or

MojoJojo71 · 22/05/2022 17:17

How about Acorn holidays? I’ve never actually used them myself but they look good. Suitable for 7+ in Europe and 5+ in the UK according to their website

acornfamilyholidays.co.uk

Please
or

emmathedilemma · 22/05/2022 18:36

Neilsons is amazing but the kids really need to be able to swim and be confident in water to get the most out of kids club.

Please
or

LorenzoVonMatterhorn · 22/05/2022 18:39

Centerparcs Eindhoven. Book on for Skiing lessons in the morning, swimming after lunch, bikes, and lots if other things to do.

Please
or

GaiaWise · 22/05/2022 18:46

PGL family activity holidays - I think they have one not far from Disneyland Paris so you could combine the two.

Please
or

motogirl · 22/05/2022 18:49

Look at TUI magic life. Sports all day kids club all day ... all inclusive, several pools and on beach. Was pretty reasonable (ok in terms time). We did archery, aerobics, tango, swam in the sea and pools, tennis, darts (and we are adults though have a bit hyper tendency). Entertainment was ok too, kids can join in for added exercise

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?