Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Amsterdam

6 replies

Whydowedo · 15/05/2022 14:27

Going to Amsterdam for a few days at the end of the month.
Looking for recommendations for places to eat.

OP posts:
Please
or

EasterIssland · 15/05/2022 14:28

Following as I only have got notes down the cookies shop:)

Please
or

BlueKaftan · 15/05/2022 14:30

The Pancake Club

thepancakeclub.nl

Please
or

BlueKaftan · 15/05/2022 14:32

Get the poffertjes with fruit 🥰🥰

Please
or

LaBellina · 15/05/2022 14:35

If you like a very good steak with gravy then this is the place to be www.loetje.nl/en/

as a thumb rule, stay clear of the ‘Dutch style’ tourists trap places you find in the centre. They serve food that most Dutch people will only eat at home and that’s never served in a restaurant where the locals go. The quality is usually disputable too. Pancake places are the exception. If to try some real Dutch classic, go to Hema and try their famous rookworst (smoked sausage) which is truly a Dutch classic.

Please
or

Whydowedo · 15/05/2022 18:02

Thanks for your replies so far.

OP posts:
Please
or

Georgyporky · 15/05/2022 18:08

I had a wonderful meal at the Hotel School, a short tram ride from the city centre. (We were staying at an hotel about 4 minutes walk away.)

Kitchen & waiting staff were trainees, with discreet supervision.

Limited menu, but cooking & service were superb - I've had worse food at Michelin * places.

The cost was probably just the cost of the ingredients. If I lived in Amsterdam, I'd eat there as often as they'd let me !

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?