Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

France

6 replies

QueenGoblin · 13/05/2022 22:11

Due to travel to France next week with the family. Just been looking over all the details and seen that passports must be less than 10 years old. Husband's passport is just over 10 years old (20 days over), but still has 6 months left on it. I have never seen this mentioned until now, only ever the bit about needing 6 months left.

How likely is it that he won't be allowed in to France? I know that technically he doesn't meet all their requirements but it's only 20 days...

OP posts:
Please
or

Sololifeisgreat · 13/05/2022 22:15

Very unlikely I would say as his passport has expired. Sounds like his was issued when they could add up to 9 months on which is no longer the case.
surprised you haven’t heard of it as it’s been in the news quite a bit recently

Please
or

ivykaty44 · 13/05/2022 22:18

whats the alternative?

I take it the extra months were added on as he applied early? Which is the problem now

Please
or

TattiePants · 13/05/2022 22:24

This has been all over the news recently because so many people have been refused boarding on flights / denied entry to EU countries. I think it’s very unlikely that he’ll be allowed in.

Please
or

Ginger1982 · 13/05/2022 22:27

He won't be allowed in.

Please
or

TheDogsMother · 13/05/2022 22:34

Sadly I think he won't be allowed in.

Your passport must be:
• Issued less than 10 years before the date you enter the country (check the ‘date of issue’)
• valid for at least 3 months after the day you plan to leave (check the ‘expiry date’)

Please
or

QueenGoblin · 13/05/2022 22:37

Honestly, I haven't really being paying any attention to most of the news about passports and holidays.

We've had a chat about it now and looks like we have a plan B if he can't get in, so it won't be a complete waste of money. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?