Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Not happy but definitely Mother's Day

1 reply

qtpa2t · 09/05/2022 01:46

Everyone is asleep, so I'm turning to this group for some sympathy or something. It's been a rough few days of me (30w pregnant) visiting family abroad with my 22 month old.
She sees a hundred new things every day and meets so many new people, and everyone is all over her. And oh my god it's been rough; our sleep schedule is out of the window. She usually sleeps alone in her crib in her room. Here I have the pack and play type crib near my hotel bed, and she just hates it or something, because whenever she wakes up in it she seems quite upset and she does not fall asleep in it, except for the first day when she literally hasn't slept all day and had to go through plane travel for the first time.
So last two days I've been taking her on evening pram walks with my friend and letting her fall asleep in the pram, then transferring her to the crib.
First night when she hasn't slept and fell asleep by herself she fell asleep at 23:45 woke up around 6 am. 5 hrs less sleep than she's used to getting at night but okay. Last night she fell asleep around 21:30 in the pram, woke up at 4:30 am. She hung out for a while but then I had to nurse her on the bed and she fell asleep 6:30-8:45 again.
Tonight she fell asleep around 22:00 and woke up around 1:50 am, and she was inconsolable. I offered her the boob (were weaning right now, no milk and bad aversions), offered cartoons, water, playing in the sink (her favourite thing ever) she was just crying screaming. So in the end she did let me pick her up and saw the pram and asked to go in the pram, and asked for her shoes and coat so I was like well..... I guess we're going for a walk. At 2 am. So I took her downstairs and we paced the parking lot for 35 minutes until she fell asleep again. Now we're back in the room and she's snoring in her pram, and I'm not even sure if I should try transfer her to the crib or let her be or what. It's 3:10 am, and she's kind of sleeping restlessly. I got as far as taking one shoe off, then she started wriggling so I had to rock the pram and she is asleep again but she's strapped into the pram (we use a bugaboo bee) and I just don't know if she will get any reasonable amount of sleep if I leave her in it 😩she also woke up briefly at one point in the pram and was really upset until I put her shoe back on and a hat. This hat actually has straps on for tying under the chin and they're just loose now but imma need to remove it either way before I fall asleep myself. Maybe I should just wait a little longer for her to be properly asleep. This is all just a lot.

Happy Mother's Day mamas, from one very tired, emotionally drained and near breaking point mama

Not happy but definitely Mother's Day
OP posts:
Please
or

calmlakes · 09/05/2022 02:10

Poor mum, I hope you get some sleep too.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?