Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Car seat on plane

5 replies

LouiseTrees · 08/05/2022 11:21

Hey all. I have a 2 and a half year old girl and we are going on holiday to Europe from the UK (5 hour flight) on Ryanair flights. She has her own seat. My husband doesn’t really want to lug about a car seat and we’re also having bother finding one that fits the 42.5cm Ryanair seats and is marked safe to fly anyway. What have you all done if you have been on a flight with a child at this age?

OP posts:
Please
or

bumblefeline · 08/05/2022 12:22

This was years ago but when we faced the same dilemma I brought a Britax Eclipse after doing research as it was one of the narrowest. It fit fine on Easyjet seat.

www.britax-romer.co.uk/car-seats/toddler/eclipse/1070.html This one is certified for plane use.

Please
or

Beetlewings · 08/05/2022 12:30

Mine always just sat in the seat. I mean most of the time they were on my lap or standing in the leg space but I never needed a special seat for the plane and if I hired a car the hire places included carseats as a option

Please
or

rainbowzebra05 · 08/05/2022 13:31

We use an eclipse too. Safer than risking a hire seat or or being damaged in the hold too if you're hiring a car at the other end. Flights are miles easier with them strapped in!

Please
or

KangarooKenny · 08/05/2022 13:34

I didn’t use one so that they could stand up and lie down.

Please
or

Janek · 08/05/2022 13:35

You definitely don't need a car seat on the plane - it is only a lap belt, it will fit your dd as well as it fits you.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?