Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Copenhagen must sees

18 replies

TalkedTooMuchStayedTooLong · 03/05/2022 21:18

Off to Copenhagen for a long weekend shortly with three teens: DS17 and DTDs14... what are the most see/ do things to plan for? TIA

OP posts:
Please
or

Huff13Puff · 03/05/2022 22:31

My teens loved:-
Tivoli
Louisiana( they swam off the pontoon but it might be cold now)
Bog Bodies in Museum of Denmark
Tiger flagship
Sephora
Nyhavn boat trip
DOP hot dog stands

They hated Christiania

Please
or

TalkedTooMuchStayedTooLong · 04/05/2022 06:18

Thanks @Huff13Puff

OP posts:
Please
or

KatherineJaneway · 04/05/2022 06:19

I agree with Tivoli and the boat trip. Both well worth it.

Please
or

Zonder · 04/05/2022 06:20

They hated Christiania

Same here. It felt really unsafe.
Tivoli is fun.
A trip across the bridge to Malmö is interesting too.

Please
or

Huff13Puff · 04/05/2022 06:24

Yes we did the train to Malmö but Malmö wasn’t that great, wondering if there is a better city to go over the bridge and see.

Please
or

sausageandbeansx · 05/05/2022 00:02

Agree with the boat trip it was very interesting & reasonably priced (Copenhagen is very expensive)

Please
or

TizerorFizz · 05/05/2022 09:59

You might like these ideas. My DD went with a friend and really liked Danish design and they also visited art galleries.

Copenhagen must sees
Copenhagen must sees
Copenhagen must sees
Please
or

TizerorFizz · 05/05/2022 10:00

A few more.

Copenhagen must sees
Copenhagen must sees
Please
or

TizerorFizz · 05/05/2022 10:02

I think Copengagen has more than enough to do without going to Malmo. I need to go I think.

Please
or

rookiemere · 05/05/2022 10:05

We got the Copenhagen card so entrance to everything was covered. Not a huge saving on paying for things individually but meant you could nip in for a quick visit with feeling you had to get your money's worth.
If the weather is nice the Heineken experience is good - they have a nice outdoor cafe for lunch.

Please
or

Crikeyalmighty · 05/05/2022 10:33

Go to Lind on the train- just 10 mins out of Malmo (I actually love Malmo in the old centre) I live in Copenhagen. Here are my tips

Tivoli
Baaken (the worlds oldest funfair set in beautiful woods -) you can get there on the train
If you have a car - the coast road is beautiful - down from Helsingborg to Copenhagen, white sand beaches
Amagerstrand beach - has beautiful sand, canoeing, cafes, fort (go on metro)
Fredericksburg - lovely Parisian feeling suburb only 10 minutes out on metro- zoo is also there
Fantastic indoor shopping centres on the edge - fiskertorvet and Fields (Westfield) are both very very good
Torvehallerne- beautiful indoor foodie market with flowers and veg
River trip is good from Nyhavn
Broens beer garden- just over the bridge from Nyhavn-- big outdoor food court with DJs etc
Reffen Even bigger version of Broens- you need to get the harbour boat for 10 mins very funky
Coppenhill--- huge interesting recycling centre built like a ski slope- the outside is hikeable and also a downhill ski slope
Dragor -- beautiful fishing village 6 miles out, get train or the 250s bus.

Couple of tips - espresso house coffee chain-- lovely interiors- order a large coffee and carry round a disposable cup- they are big enough for two and at £5.20 here for a coffee makes it more affordable

Same goes for meals a lot of main courses are enormous at the cheaper and mid market (American size) we learnt to order 1 plus extra fries/rice.

The metro here is brilliant- clean, very modern - lifts and escalators everywhere

Have a great time, sunny and 18 degrees here for the last week

Please
or

Crikeyalmighty · 05/05/2022 10:34

That should be Lund by the way - not Lind!! Beautiful small city

Please
or

Crikeyalmighty · 05/05/2022 10:40

It is very expensive I will warn you which is why we got the 'share' mentality very quick. Strangely some other things are cheap but not what tourists tend to spend on. Travel is quite reasonable, cigarettes are half the price, toiletries and batteries surprisingly reasonable as is good wine at supermarkets and tons of but 1 get 59% off 2nd offers. Another tip is you can drink outdoors, so lots of people get a bottle of wine or beers from supermarket and sit on parkland or Banks at side of docks. It isn't threatening at all not gangs of drunks etc . Avoid Christiana if you aren't into weed smoking - a lot of potheads there of all ages.

Please
or

gldd · 05/05/2022 10:57

If you, or they, like art, then Louisiana Museum for Moderne Kunst. It's a short train trip away in Humlebæk. The collection is fantastic, the setting stunning, and the shop is great!

Please
or

TizerorFizz · 05/05/2022 13:26

@Crikeyalmighty
Some odd advice for a parent travelling with teens. Half price fags and drinking booze from supermarkets!

Please
or

TalkedTooMuchStayedTooLong · 05/05/2022 17:18

Thanks for all the tips!

OP posts:
Please
or

Crikeyalmighty · 05/05/2022 21:09

@TizerorFizz Ha, Ha- you may be right- but you can never tell-- I have seen parents with teens in the parks here with the parents sharing a bottle of wine. All remarkably civilised- honest!!

Please
or

balalake · 06/05/2022 12:49

Agree about the Louisiana Museum. Malmo unexciting, just the novelty of going to a different country for a few hours.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?