Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Italy travel with kids under 12

2 replies

annathespanner · 28/04/2022 08:24

Hi, hoping for some advice from anyone who's recently travelled to Italy with kids. From what I can understand, kids over 6 follow the same rules as adults going into Italy, which are that they must be fully vaxed or show evidence of a LFT/PCR. My kids (age 9 & 11) have had their first jab but not second yet, nor will they by the time we go (may half term). I'm not sure how I can provide evidence of their vax status anyway as they are too young to download a covid cert (app says must be 12 or older to download) so I'm guessing I need to get them tested before we go? How do I provide evidence of their negative result? Just not sure of what paperwork we need to provide for the kids and who we give it to, and when! The website information seems really unclear! Anyone done this recently?

OP posts:
Please
or

PAFMO · 28/04/2022 20:07

They'll need to be tested, yes, and also once there every 48 hours (LFT) or 72 (PCR) to gain a green pass equivalent for places where it's still necessary. Fortunately after this weekend that won't be many!

Please
or

annathespanner · 28/04/2022 22:41

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?