Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Tui holiday - car seat dilemma

5 replies

CharlT08 · 27/04/2022 10:46

Hi,

I’m really hoping someone can help with this as its proving difficult for me to work out what to do for the best.

In June we’re going on our first family holiday to Majorca with Tui. We have private transfers included in the holiday.

We will have our 4 (nearly 5) and 14 month old with us.

My question is in relation to car seats. No matter how much I try I can’t seem to get through to Tui to book the car seats as part of the private transfers they offer (happy to pay extra) I can’t work out if it’s better to…

1. Buy new car seats to take (extra expense as wouldn’t want to take our current car seats incase damaged) Have seen Urban Kanga for the 1 year old and Trunki Booster for 4 year old.

2. Book our own transfers with a different company ensuring we have car seats

3. Somehow get Tui to swap our transfer to the coach - I have no idea if this makes sense to anyone else but a baby on your knee on a coach feels safer than a car - making I’m thinking of this in the wrong way.

please help!!
OP posts:
Please
or

MadameDragon · 27/04/2022 10:53

Contact Tui via social media to get a proper answer.

Please
or

CharlT08 · 27/04/2022 10:57

Thanks MadameDragon - hadn’t thought of that

OP posts:
Please
or

Amey543 · 19/01/2023 17:49

Hi, I’m curious how the car seat situation ended up?
We’re going this June and I have the same concerns with private transfers and no option to book car seats.

Please
or

CharlT08 · 19/01/2023 20:56

Hi Amey - I ended up booking private transfers at our own expense. I emailed our hotel who sorted it out for us. It was only a 20 minute transfer so not too expensive although annoying that Tui weren’t keen to help at all. Hope that helps. I couldn’t believe how Tui acted as if it were something they had never come across before. I was actually glad we didn’t take our own car seat in the end as our buggy ended up being destroyed on the way home by Manchester airport baggage handlers!

OP posts:
Please
or

Amey543 · 19/01/2023 21:14

That’s good to know, emailing the hotel is a good idea. I tweeted tui and I’m currently sending them info via dm but they said they can’t guarantee a car seat. I think it’s crazy they don’t have it as an option, I’m sure they must have families constantly coming across this issue. Especially if you can easily book a car seat with other private transfer companies.
It’s tempting to take a car seat but knowing how brutal that are in airports that really puts me off!
Thank you for replying

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?