Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Puerto Pollensa

22 replies

Kath544 · 18/04/2022 20:47

Hello, we are considering going for a week in Puerto Pollensa in June. We have a four and a half year old and an eighteen month old. Am getting lost in searching online and would really appreciate any hotel recommendations. Also any great things to do out there - I would love to lie by a pool all week but alas those days are gone! Thanks in advance x

OP posts:
Please
or

DragonMovie · 18/04/2022 20:52

Can’t remember any specifics but I loved pollensa. We went horse riding, went to a nearby walled city (can’t remember name) and went on beautiful coastal walks. Not sure about activities for kids as didn’t have any at the time. I’d recommend renting a car though if you have kids so all of Mallorca is at your reach. The north side where pollensa is is less touristy and Mallorca is so small itd be great to be able to access all it has to offer.

Please
or

HamCob · 18/04/2022 22:31

We took DS when he was a baby and had such a lovely week.
We stayed at the Flora apartments (bed & breakfast I think)
Everywhere is very family friendly, we ate out at different restaurants in the evening. There is a lovely town square and also a few places dotted along the front.
As for things to do, we had a few lazy days on the beach but also hired a car and drove to Pollensa which is a beautiful old town with a market. We also drove to alcudia where there is a larger beach, funfair and more shops. Have a lovely time!

Please
or

Fivemoreminutes1 · 19/04/2022 07:07

PortBlue Club Pollentia has a kids club and crèche

Please
or

Brycare · 19/04/2022 19:30

Been twice with young kids and going again in June this year.
If you are happy with beach during the day and a decent choice of restaurants for lunch/dinner it is great.
The only thing I’d say is I’d recommend an apartment over a hotel every time.
Having a separate living space while kids nap is so worth it.
Kitchen facilities given you have an 18 month old also will be extremely handy.

Please
or

cazzyg · 24/04/2022 10:56

Flora apartments are in a great location and are self catering which is useful with small children. Accommodation is fairly basic and the pool area is a bit tired but it’s perfectly fine.

Puerto Azul is next door and is a hotel rather than apartments but they are converted from apartments so you get a living area with table, chairs, fridge etc and a separate bathroom. More going on for children and the pool area is lovely. Location also great - short walk to beach and main square.

Playa Mar is further out from the main centre but lots going on for families. Haven’t stayed here but seems to be highly recommended. We just prefer a more central location.

Villa Concha has a variety of board options. Also very family friendly but a bit further out from the main centre again - other side of the town from the Playa Mar.

Pollensa Park is probably the biggest hotel in the resort. Has had mixed reviews over the past few years but again lots of people seem to love it and return year after year.

the town itself is lovely for a family holiday. Mainly small bars and restaurants rather than loud music bars. Very family friendly. First took DD when she was 18 months.

Please
or

ImInStealthMode · 24/04/2022 10:57

Also came to say Puerto Azul suites for the room sizes!

Please
or

Loverofallthingsleopardprint · 24/04/2022 14:22

We stayed at the Hoposa Villa Concha and it was honestly perfect. Sadly the prices have gone up and we can no longer afford it.

The area is lovely, quiet and peaceful, lovely big beach which stretches all along the main promenade. We didn't explore much as we ended up just staying by the pool and beach but it's not far from Alcudia I believe.

Please
or

FlowersFlowersEverywhere · 24/04/2022 14:28

Beach has some water sports activities you can hire. Lovely place we’re headed back there in August, agree totally on doing Aparthotel/self-catering apartment to give you extra space and kitchen facilities

Please
or

Kath544 · 30/04/2022 07:27

Thank you so much all. Much appreciated.

OP posts:
Please
or

OddsandSods · 30/04/2022 07:43

Don’t go to Playa Mar. Was awful. Rep songs and dances, sun lounger hell, tired apartments, too far out, awful buffet. I went to the Uyal which was much nicer. Or if you have a good budget Illa D’or (although for that price you might prefer a villa).

Please
or

TheNinny · 30/04/2022 14:40

Booked for playa mar with a 2.5 yr old. Was looking forward to it but I’m worried now by some the comments :o have heard it’s lovely and has had a recent makeover. Recent pics look lovely. we don’t plan to do too much other than pool(s) coastal walk, beach.

Please
or

MrsJaneyLloydFoxe · 30/04/2022 22:34

Oh dear we are booked for the playa mar too and now I’m worried!! Is it really awful? The reviews I read looked great

Please
or

Crikeyalmighty · 30/04/2022 22:40

Unbeatable classyish resort with kids under 12 - I love it .we did private apartment (huge too) off owners abroad with lovely pool area just behind the Illa d'or

Please
or

ToooOldForThis · 30/04/2022 22:43

Villa concha all the way with young kids.

Not being over dramatic (well maybe just a little 😂) when I say I am devastated we couldn't afford it now.

I hope you love it!

Please
or

Greenflamingo84 · 30/04/2022 22:58

Villa concha. Great for younger kids

Please
or

JayAlfredPrufrock · 30/04/2022 23:03

Stayed there 20 years ago in a Thompson hotel.

Beautiful place. Beach man made. Loads of restaurants along the front.

Please
or

SNWannabe · 30/04/2022 23:10

Another vote for Villa Concha… best of both worlds as it’s a resort but has apartment options. It’s very classy so i’m not surprised it’s expensive. We had a fab holiday there and the kids still talk about it, 5 years on. Ideal for young families…

Please
or

cazzyg · 01/05/2022 00:10

I haven’t stayed in the Playa Mar but I do know people who have and have had a lovely time.

I believe the rooms have recently been renovated and it’s very popular with families. I’m sure you’ll have a lovely time.

Please
or

Randomuser9876 · 01/05/2022 00:16

We've stayed at Club del Sol twice with young children and would go again in a heart beat.

Puerto pollensa is lovely.

Please
or

Rummikub · 01/05/2022 00:28

Been a couple of times with the dc when toddlers
lovely easy place.
we just used to go to the beach, looking at sand sculptures. Didn’t really stay around the hotel as it was nice to just explore

Please
or

Captainj1 · 01/05/2022 00:43

If I were you I'd rent an apartment and enjoy more space. Most of the hotels are either single room or one bed apartment (playa mar) and so you're constantly making up a sofa bed.

I stayed at the playa mar years ago when it was a Thomson hotel, it was really good for kids under 5, such lovely friendly staff.

PP is a beautiful place. After a few years of staying at playa mar and then renting apartments in the Bellresguard complex we bought a place there.

Please
or

Sallyingon · 01/05/2022 15:57

We stayed at the puerta Azul with our kids when they were little. It was very good. Lovely pool and little play park. Good mini disco and animation team, nice food, good location.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?