Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Things to do in Aiya Napa

5 replies

bendmeoverbackwards · 16/04/2022 16:21

Currently on holiday in Cyprus staying in Proteras about 20 mins away from Aiya Napa.

Dd is getting a bit bored with the pool, she likes a bit of culture/history but we don’t want to travel too far.

Is Aiya Napa worth a visit for half a day?

OP posts:
Please
or

allnewtothisbridetobe · 17/04/2022 08:32

Nissi beach probably worth a trip!

Please
or

RavElly · 17/04/2022 09:52

Konnos Bay is superb

Please
or

boonducks · 17/04/2022 15:27

Not Aiya Napa itself.
I've been lots of times in the 80s/90s before it became an 18-30 destination. Also went once while staying at Nissi beach. It's just a brash resort.
There's a good water park just past Nissi Beach but it's probably not warm enough in April.
Boat trip?
A day in Nicosia is fabulous. Walled city, lots of history there plus the UN blue line which is fascinating.

Please
or

AmbushedByCake · 17/04/2022 15:35

When I stayed in Protaras I did a fabulous jeep safari a bit like this one, it was fantastic. Ayia Napa was really just for clubbing.

Please
or

TizerorFizz · 18/04/2022 00:07

Why don’t you want to travel a bit further? Your DD is very sensible in wanting to see more. Aiya Nappa is hardly culture is it? Mostly 18-21 year olds on a jolly after exams and that’s who is catered for. Can you not do a Coach trip or hire a car? It must be really boring for DD if she wants to see more. Can you really only manage a few miles up the coast?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?