Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Disney Paris- kid what age?

12 replies

GirlMum93 · 08/04/2022 10:21

What age is the earliest do you think a child would likely be able to enjoy Disney Paris?

OP posts:
Please
or

Aroundtheworldin80moves · 08/04/2022 10:24

Oyrs were 5&7 and they loved it but found it tiring. They were asleep by 7.30 (and we didn't see the fireworks!

Please
or

Arsewangry · 08/04/2022 10:31

We are going in July 🥰 we have been a few times with ds1 but this will be ds2's first visit and he is nearly 4. Although he is nearly 4 we will be taking a pushchair!! Ds 2 will be there on his 11th birthday this year and he's really looking forward to it. There's plenty there for bigger kids - Star Wars, and super hero stuff as well as some of the bigger rides.

Please
or

GirlMum93 · 08/04/2022 10:32

Really! @Aroundtheworldin80moves I was thinking of taking a 2 year old there. Probably out the picture then! 😂😂

OP posts:
Please
or

GirlMum93 · 08/04/2022 10:33

@Arsewangry

We are going in July 🥰 we have been a few times with ds1 but this will be ds2's first visit and he is nearly 4. Although he is nearly 4 we will be taking a pushchair!! Ds 2 will be there on his 11th birthday this year and he's really looking forward to it. There's plenty there for bigger kids - Star Wars, and super hero stuff as well as some of the bigger rides.

Sounds amazing. I'm convinced to wait now so they can enjoy the larger attractions!
OP posts:
Please
or

MargaritasOnMe · 08/04/2022 10:36

I used to go to disneyland Paris regularly (I lived nearby) and it taught me never to take a baby/toddler! The amount of stressed out parents with buggies and screaming babies or tots was staggering. It really put me off! I'm waiting until mine are at least 7ish before I attempt it.

Please
or

tanstaafl · 08/04/2022 10:37

There’s enjoy ,then enjoy and remember.
5 is about right for the first, 7 for the second.

Please
or

RussianSpy101 · 08/04/2022 10:38

We first took DD when she was 5 and DS1 was 5 months. We’ve been every year since. He really enjoyed it when he was 2/3

Please
or

minniep · 08/04/2022 10:44

I brought DD1 at two and she absolutely loved it. Just back from a recent trip and DD2 who was two when we were there is now obsessed with wanting to go back

Please
or

sallyjuliet · 08/04/2022 10:53

Our youngest was 3 and really enjoyed it. He was still going on the rides until they closed at 9.30/10 ish and then stayed awake to watch the fireworks :) he fell asleep in the car on the way back to the holiday cottage at about midnight!

Please
or

TeenPlusCat · 08/04/2022 10:54

I guess you need to think is this a one off or would you return?
I'm sure a 3yo would enjoy it, but if only going once I'd wait a few years.

Please
or

Aroundtheworldin80moves · 08/04/2022 11:33

I think its less tiring for the younger ones in pushchairs than the slightly older ones walking. A toddler will definitely enjoy it in a different way.

Please
or

Findahouse21 · 08/04/2022 11:39

We took dd at 4 and she absolutely loved it. We'd been to a couple of more local theme parks - Peppa pig World, Chessington etc to understand her capacity to queue etc. We also took a buggy which was very needed. We went twice that year (got an annual pass) and aim to go when dd2 is a simillar age.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?