Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Brussels recommendations please

4 replies

Shanda5 · 07/04/2022 20:44

I am going to Brussels for work at the end of May. I've managed to swing staying for an extra night after the work event. I will have a whole full day there and want to see/ do as much as possible.

Any recommendations for places to go/see/eat would be much appreciated.

OP posts:
Please
or

PAFMO · 07/04/2022 21:37

I had a surprisingly lovely 3 days there just before Covid.
The EU parliament was absolutely fascinating. Very very well done. We intended being there for an hour or so and were in there for 5-6 hours. Highly recommended.

Please
or

MissAmbrosia · 09/04/2022 13:44

The Horta Museum is fabulous www.hortamuseum.be/en/Welcome also the Magritte Museum. The cafe on the roof of the Musical Instruments museum has great views and you don't need to visit the museum itself. Grand Place and Mannequin Pis obviously. The Sablon with it's chocolate shops. Galeries Royales St Hubert. Whereabouts are you staying? Do you want Belgian traditional food?

Please
or

Shanda5 · 10/04/2022 13:39

Thanks both.

Staying at the Radison Collection Grand Place so really good location. During the work part of the trip I will be lucky to leave the hotel so I want to cram as much in as possible on the extra day.

I'd love to try traditional food. Happy to skip the hotel breakfast if there is something better available. I am getting the last Eurostar home so will be leaving after dinner.

OP posts:
Please
or

MissAmbrosia · 10/04/2022 19:09

Ah I think the Belga Queen closed - it was right by your hotel. In the same street is www.wolf.brussels/. I haven't been yet, but my friends really liked it. auxarmesdebruxelles.com/en/home-2/ is very Brussels traditional - all the Belgian stuff is there. www.thelobsterhouse.be/ is across the road for more seafood stuff. Very friendly place. Place Ste Catherine also has a load of seafood restaurants. And not far from the Grand Place Le Cirio lecirio.be/fr and Le Falstaff lefalstaff.be/en are gorgeous Art Deco bars - bit tourist central but worth a drink at least.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?