Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Barcelona in June

6 replies

Midnightstar76 · 07/04/2022 19:39

Going for a weekend break in June with DH. Does anyone recommend any bars, restaurants? Have booked Barcelona FC tour and the cathedral. Also going to book Sagrida Familia and Park Gruell. Planning on squeezing in as much as we possibly can but is there an absolute must see you would not miss?

OP posts:
Please
or

colouringfoxes · 07/04/2022 19:46

El Cercle on Carrer dels Arcs was a wonderful restaurant, you can sit out on the terrace and the food was amazing, really well cooked. Good service too. For lunch or drinks there's plenty of bars dotted about, if you want a bit better quality go for bar-restaurants (ie ones that also serve main meals) as the tapas are less likely to be reheated in the microwave. More expensive though.
Sagrada Familia was the best thing I did tbh, it's so beautiful. And any of the Gaudi houses, if you're into that and want more than the park. Remember to take earphones, because there was nothing more irritating in the Sagrada Familia than people listening to the audioguide app out loud.

Please
or

Fivemoreminutes1 · 08/04/2022 04:16

For an evening meal, definitely Arcano and/or Guzzo
Have a drink at Bar Marsella
See Jardins de les 3 Xemeneies
If you don’t mind a hike, you could climb to Bunkers del Carmel. You can see the entire city with the sea in the background.
Pop into the Forest of the fairies (El Bosc de Les Fades). It’s right next to the Wax Museum and is very easy to miss if you’re not looking for it. I’d never heard about it before visiting with our guide for beers and the décor is absolutely fantastic and whimsical.
Boqueria Market is great for lunch and for getting a variety of amazing food to take home.

Please
or

Georgyporky · 09/04/2022 12:02

I've been 3 times, but over 3 years ago so can't recommend restaurants. A paseo along Las Ramblas (with interval drinks) is a must, but do watch your purse/wallet.
Do use the HoHo buses - cheap & easy way to get around.

Please
or

MissAmbrosia · 09/04/2022 12:41

I love El Cercle as mentioned above - fab terrace, great for people watching. You can't book for outside, but if you go early for e.g. lunch it shouldn't be a problem. //www.Raobcn.com for posh tapas. El Nacional food hall. Gaudi buildings. There's a fab terrace cafe/restaurant on the roof of the Museum of Catalan History with views over the harbour - you don't have to go in the museum. We did some walking tours with Strawberry Tours - free, you just tip the guide. We've done the evening tapas one, the historical centre and the modernism tour. Lots of lovely squares to drink aperols in.

Please
or

MissAmbrosia · 09/04/2022 12:42

Oh and La Boqueria market is fabulous. Loads of places to eat inside.

Please
or

Midnightstar76 · 09/04/2022 18:55

Thank you all for the recommendations. Absolutely love my food and really looking forward to visiting the La Boqueria market. So much so have been trying to find Rick Stein’s episode to watch when he filmed there. Remember watching this before and was engrossed in watching the stalls he passed by when he did this episode.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?