Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

What's the cost of an Orlando holiday?

3 replies

princessaurora94 · 07/04/2022 16:27

What do people pay for the 'standard' Orlando holiday? For 2 adults and 2 kids.

Ie flights, 2 weeks accommodation with park tickets, car hire, spending money etc.

When I'm pricing it up it's coming out well in excess of £10K. How do people afford this!?

OP posts:
Please
or

Dotdotdotdashdashdashdotdotdot · 07/04/2022 17:40

It depends on what your dates are and what sort of accommodation you are looking at booking but yes, it is expensive!

People afford it by not having a holiday at all for a couple of years and not having trips out/new clothes or by blowing the budget for a once in a lifetime holiday and sticking it on a credit card/getting a bank loan.

Have you tried actually sitting with a travel agent and getting them to find the best deals/prices? You can generally put a deposit down and pay monthly. If you planned it for next year that could give you time to pay it off/save for it maybe?

Please
or

IDidntFloatUpTheLaganInABubble · 07/04/2022 17:41

Yeah I woukd say in excess of that.

When the dc were little we went a few times.

Please
or

DoneAdulting · 07/04/2022 17:51

If you stay in a hotel on International Drive that will be much cheaper than a Disney hotel (like a third of the price).

Also don't bother with car hire, the cost has jumped up massively since Covid.

Also look at flying indirect, on Virgin Holidays I've seen the price drop by over £2k by amending the flight.

We were there in Feb half term for 6 nights and it cost about £3500 all in, and we're going for a week in August and looking at spending the same.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?