Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Eating put in Canada vs the U.K.

6 replies

munchbunch7 · 05/04/2022 20:45

Hi, visiting Vancouver, Victoria, Banff etc in the summer. Just wondering how the prices compare to the U.K. for eating out. Just 2 adults. Thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

OnceAgainWithFeeling · 05/04/2022 20:47

Can’t you Google some restaurants in the places you’re going?

Please
or

CarryonCovid · 05/04/2022 20:48

I think it is a bit more expensive. Wine in particular and it is pretty rank, stick to beer. Depends a lot on the exchange rate though.

Please
or

BestIsWest · 05/04/2022 20:49

It’s three years since we were there and thought it was broadly similar to UK if slightly more expensive. Wine was expensive. May well have changed though.
Very jealous, all 3 are lovely.

Please
or

BestIsWest · 05/04/2022 20:50

Can recommend TouLouLous in Banff.

Please
or

TheGirlInTheGreenDress · 05/04/2022 20:58

When I visited I remember thinking it was in line with London prices.

Remember that prices you see on the menus (and just on price tags in general) will be pre-tax. From memory the tax rates can be different in different provinces so could be different in BC and Alberta. I think it’s around 5% on food.

You also HAVE to tip.

Please
or

Kitkat151 · 05/04/2022 21:04

Cheaper than London prices in the Rockies...on a par with London prices in Vancouver I found....we always drank the beer / soft drinks....these were comparable with U.K. prices....soft drinks were always refillable

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?