Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Any new/cool/slightly quirky Paris restaurant recommendations?

8 replies

Bellaisoneluckywoman · 01/04/2022 15:35

Going to Paris for a few days in early July with DH and 2 teenager. Realise not best time of year, but that's when the birthday falls.... Hoping early July not too empty/touristy etc. Anyway - we are real foodies so were wondering if anyone had any interesting recommendations. Ideally smaller, slightly offbeat places. Doesn't need to be flash - but really good food. We are staying in the Marais, but doesn't really matter which area as we'll be walking all over. TIA.

OP posts:
Please
or

Fivemoreminutes1 · 01/04/2022 17:07

Ephemera
Bustronome
Bel Canto
La Felicità
Nos ancêtres les Gaulois

Please
or

Oriunda · 02/04/2022 11:40

It may not come up to your expectations re the food, but with teenagers I would pay a visit to La Felicità www.lafelicita.fr/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/2021-05-21-DEF-PLAN-FELICITA.pdf

It’s a very cool, funky industrial warehouse-sized food court, with indoor and outdoor seating. Lots of events, live DJ etc depending what time of day you go. Visually stunning, plenty of choice, and the loos are the most Instagrammble ever (your teens will love them). It’s part of the Big Mamma chain.

Please
or

Oriunda · 02/04/2022 11:41

Schools break up early July, but I’d imagine Paris will still be busy as that’s when the tourists will come.

Please
or

Doubleraspberry · 02/04/2022 11:44

L’Ami Jean. A Basque restaurant, massively fun and the food is great.

Please
or

Bellaisoneluckywoman · 02/04/2022 13:47

Thank you so much for these suggestions - am researching them all!

OP posts:
Please
or

Humphriescushion · 02/04/2022 14:18

GReat thread, going in May so will follow. I stumbled on a little tapas restaurant in the Marais when i was there with my daughter. Very small and packed but with a buzzy atmosphere. Food was delicious. Secret entrance into the restaurant which after a few drinks was a bit surreal. Would recommend especially with teenagers.

www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187147-d3573554-Reviews-or15-La_Mangerie-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

Please
or

Doubleraspberry · 02/04/2022 14:50

Also Cafe Breizh. Amazing crepes - very different to the normal selection, and a wide range of cider.

Please
or

Groovytiger · 03/04/2022 16:37

L'Entrecote in Saint Germain is superb. Au Pied de Cochon in Les Halles also quite an institution. Both have very little on the menu but all of it is SO good! I don't think you can book at either so get there early to avoid queues

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?