Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Travelling with 7 month old

5 replies

Firstbaby1234 · 31/03/2022 15:35

I would like to know peoples top tips for travelling with a 7 month old who is formula fed.

Also travel essentials we need to take..

Thanks!

OP posts:
Please
or

5zeds · 31/03/2022 15:37

A change of shirt that you don’t put on till minutes before landing. Wet flannels in sandwich bags. Snacks,

Please
or

MissAmbrosia · 31/03/2022 22:40

If you still sterilise bottles, and depending on amenities, either microwave sterilizer bags, or a tupperware container, that you can fill with other things, and milton tablets. We had a set of those stacking cups that went on holiday for years. Take up little room and can be used as plain toy, in the bath, on the beach. Formula is expensive and likely different to what you are used to at home so take with. I used to go with sachets rather than a tin. Evian water is fine for making up bottles. As for the rest, it depends where you are going.

Please
or

piefacedClique · 31/03/2022 22:43

Depends where you are going..:: we went to Bali with a 6 month old for three weeks…. one suitcase full of Ella’s pouches and aptamil. Tupperware box to sterilise bottles using tablets…… three days extra food and milk just in case and we were absolutely fine x

Please
or

MissAmbrosia · 31/03/2022 22:43

Dummy or bottle for take off and landing if flying to help with ear pressure. Mine always used to go to sleep whilst flying - maybe it's that dull flying hum noise. Lightweight buggy - take it to the gate. You may or may not get it back before baggage collection.

Please
or

Aroundtheworldin80moves · 31/03/2022 22:58

Sling/baby carrier that folds down into your hand luggage.. I always found the return of pushchairs a bit hit&miss. Plus if you have to walk up steps to the plane it gives you a free hand fir the handrail.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?