Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Anyone been to Duinrell recently?

9 replies

OstrichFeathers · 27/03/2022 15:47

There are some rave reviews on here but they are mostly going back a few years. Most of the trip advisor ones from the last 2 years seem to be slating their covid cancellation policy and not about the park itself. I am trying to work out how the access to the tiki and amusement parks works. Do you just go for your alloted couple of hours then amuse yourself elsewhere? Is there a pool outside of the tiki park? Any other insider knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

OP posts:
Please
or

FoodieToo · 27/03/2022 19:11

Yes we were there in February . Our fifth trip . Amusement and water park included as long as you book with Duinrell . You get three hours water park access per day . Although due to having to book the day prior due to Covid we ended up with one session less in February .
It’s the most wonderful place . Just ensure you book Premium accommodation.

Please
or

FoodieToo · 27/03/2022 19:12

The outdoor pool is only open in the summer . The Tikibad is the best water park I have been to .
Loads to do in local area - hire bikes, cycle to beach , visit Amsterdam .

Please
or

OstrichFeathers · 27/03/2022 19:43

Thanks for that info. Is the outdoor pool separate to the tiki park? I'm trying to work out of that would be part of our allotted time or of its accessible as and when you want? Trying to get dates is the problem now...

OP posts:
Please
or

FoodieToo · 27/03/2022 21:21

No the outdoor pool is separate as far as I know and you get unlimited access there . Have only been once in the summer so not positive on that one.
I highly recommend going outside of the summer if you can as it is so dear in the summer and as it's not a sun holiday you are paying top prices for no real reason .
October is perfect if that's an option . Half the price.

Please
or

CactusFlowers · 28/03/2022 19:35

The cost of the pool has gone up significantly if you don’t book direct - it’s now £10 per person for two hours if you book with canvas or eurocamp. It’s still free if booking direct but slots are limited. So that’s something to factor in.

You no longer get unlimited access to the outdoor pool and have to pay, or have it count as one of your free sessions if booking direct.

The theme park is free all day and you don’t need to book.

There is a helpful Facebook group called something like Duinrell - chats and tips.

Please
or

stodgystollen · 28/03/2022 20:42

It might be different this year because the restrictions will hopefully all have gone. Last year because of covid you got 3 or 4 access codes per person, which could be used on the indoor or outdoor pool, but not both at once. You had to pay an extra €6 on top. The theme park with the rides is free if you're staying.

The restaurant is pretty shit by the standards of Dutch camping, but ok by British. It's run by the company that does service stations. It's got fresh healthy food and a reasonable choice in a buffet. Again by Dutch standards, the camp site is massively over priced with not particularly good facilities. The pitches are small and very close together, and the bathrooms aren't anything special. Based on discussion with British tourists they're apparently better and much cheaper than British average though.

Wassenaar (the village) is nice with some good restaurants and decent supermarkets. You can cycle easily to the seaside which has some good beach cafés and restaurants. Leiden & Den Haag both have good museums are good days out within an easy bus ride/ train trip.

Please
or

OstrichFeathers · 28/03/2022 21:21

Thanks very much for all the info. I'm going to sit down and try to see when we can make it work. I think it might be October half term at this stage not much left for summer!

OP posts:
Please
or

FoodieToo · 28/03/2022 21:52

You won’t regret going in October . Great value !
You can’t go wrong with the Premium accommodation . It’s fab !

Please
or

Nyancat · 02/04/2022 20:44

We went October half term this year, it was brilliant, weather was cool but bright and sunny. Theme park wasn't too busy, unlimited time there and two hours in the tikipool each day. We ate once in the campsite and it was grim, v beige and fried - to be fair we'd been in amsterdam for a few days before and ate brilliantly so maybe just in comparison. Everywhere we ate in Wassenar was lovely.
I'd recommend a few days in amsterdam first at half term, it was a lovely mix to have a bit of a city break first and then got the train to Duinrell.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?