Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Travel to Tenerife, covid document help!

2 replies

CeltictigerMum · 26/03/2022 12:41

Hi all, I have a dilemma and wondered if anyone could offer some advice / had the same problem ( I know it's a first world problem with everything going on at moment, ).

Travelling to Tenerife next week. Requirements are proof of vaccination and/ or covid recovery pass.

My 14 year old had her first vaccine in Nov, then had covid beginning February. At the the time we were told that she couldn't have a pcr as they were only available to the vulnerable at the time, which was fair enough. The problem is she cannot now get a proof of recovery as this is only valid if you've had a pcr !! I have a letter from the doctor, and it says on her nhs app that she was positive on a lateral flow, and negative on a lat flow a week later . We could pay for her to have a pcr, but it can be positive up till 90 days after contracting covid.

My question is will she be allowed in to Tenerife with just the doctor's letter and one dose of the vaccine ? I have spent hours today on the phone and online but cannot find put this info. Surely this must be a common problem now that pcrsbatent readily available? A massive glitch in the system!

Thanks in advance .

OP posts:
Please
or

CeltictigerMum · 26/03/2022 12:47

I mean now pcrs aren't readily available

OP posts:
Please
or

EileenGC · 26/03/2022 13:53

As she is over 12 but under 18, she can enter Spain with a (private) negative PCR taken less than 72 hours prior to landing.

It clearly states on Spain's Healthy Ministry's website that the alternative is a vaccination or recovery certificate that is recognised by the national health authorities. A letter from your doctor doesn't fit those requirements, plus you need a QR code to upload to the SpTH form anyway.

I would test her and if it's positive, claim on your insurance. Does it also cover family members of the positive person, or just her costs? If she tests positive she doesn't have to isolate anymore at home, although it would ruin the holiday of course.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?