Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Disney Paris tips please

10 replies

DaffTheDoggo · 24/03/2022 20:39

Taking 4 teens there this summer for one day. Would you recommend I book both parks? Are there any queue avoiding gizmos I ought to get?

What are the eating options like- should I book ahead? They will be going round the park in two pairs (they are old enough to be unaccompanied) but I'd like us all to get together in the evening.

Is there an evening display every day?

I'll be there on my own once they're off doing their own thing- planning to have a wander round but mainly find somewhere to sit in the sun with a book- anywhere you'd suggest?

We'll be driving there and back- anything I should know about parking?

Thanks for any advice!

OP posts:
Please
or

Fivemoreminutes1 · 25/03/2022 05:54

The new Avengers campus is due to open this summer which might make it extremely crowded, but who knows.
Normally you can hit the highlights of both parks in one day. I’d suggest making a list of priorities and then get a map so you can plan a time-efficient route around the parks so you don’t end up zig-zagging or doubling back on yourselves.
They actually let people into the park from 9.30am, so it’s worth arriving early.
Download the Disneyland Paris app so you can check queue times and decide which ride to do next.You can also pay for Premier Access to rides (which has replaced FastPass) on the app.
The table service and buffet restaurants in the parks are very expensive (€30+ per person), so we stick with the quick counter service places. Expect to spend about €10 for a main meal.
There are a lot of places you can sit and rest. Some outdoor secluded places are at the end of various paths in Frontierland, Adventerland, between fantasyland and Discoveryland etc… The Disneyland Hotel is built across from the entrance to the Disneyland Park, and anyone can go in there to rest on sofas/ chairs in the large lobby, or take the stairs/ lift up to the next floor and follow the long gallery walkway which will take you to Main Street Lounge & Cafe Fantasia.

Please
or

DaffTheDoggo · 25/03/2022 06:58

That’s incredibly helpful- thank you!

OP posts:
Please
or

TwoBigNoisyBoys · 25/03/2022 07:11

I wouldn’t do both parks in one day personally, as I’d like to have time to mooch about. There’s a lot to see, and lots of street shows to watch. But I went with a kids they’re group as they were performing there so my experience may be slightly different.

Get there early each day.

Fireworks display is every night, it’s amazing!

Agree with eating on the hoof so to speak, and if you’re picking up snacks like the big pretzels, hot dogs and ices during the day you may not want a big meal.

Highly recommend the wild West show and evening dinner, and the stunt show.

Have a look at what time the street shows/parades are on, so you can plan your day around it.

Take refillable water bottles, there are (or were, prior to covid, so I hope that hasn’t changed) water stops everywhere.

Comfy shoes. We were averaging 20,000 steps a day.

Don’t make my mistake and go on the Crush ride thinking it’s a gentle meander-type ride. It’s terrifying 😂😂

Take your time to absorb it all. There’s some really nice shoes, like the princess dances etc. amd I say this as someone who went under duress really, as I’m not a Disney fan at all, but I actually really enjoyed it!

Have a great time!

Please
or

TwoBigNoisyBoys · 25/03/2022 07:12

Sorry, kids theatre group that should say

Please
or

Aroundtheworldin80moves · 25/03/2022 07:20

If just one day, make a priority list. You won't see everything or do every ride. I'd pick just one park. Going through the single rider queues will save time if they don't mind not sitting next to each other.

Please
or

TwoBigNoisyBoys · 25/03/2022 07:24

I’m sorry, I completely missed the fact that you said you’re going for one day 🙈🙈

Please
or

hulahoopqueen · 25/03/2022 07:24

The evening fireworks/light display is on daily. Times change according to how late the park is open (later in summer), this can be checked on the Disneyland Paris app.

I'd recommend going outside the park for meals - Disney village has a McDonald's, Vapiano, and earl of sandwich, all of which are cheaper than in-park dining. PP mentioned €10/meal - expect it to be at least €15-16 per person if you get a meal deal (likely with teens).

Disneyland hotel is currently closed for refurb; the Hyperion restaurant is nice for a quiet sit down. They play Disney cartoons but not too loudly and there's usually ample seating (obviously a little more crowded at mealtimes).

Fast passes are no longer a thing, they're available to purchase on a per-ride basis, but are exorbitantly expensive at the busiest times (which is of course when you'd want to use them!). Try and do Big Thunder Mountain first thing if you want to do it (I'd strongly recommend!). Rides like Buzz's laser blast and Pirates are often long in queue but continuously moving, and both well worth it IMO.

Finally, if you can arrange it for a weekday rather than weekend, do! Tuesday and Wednesday are the quietest days.

Source: annual pass holder, and just returned from a week's visit last week.

Please
or

hulahoopqueen · 25/03/2022 07:25

Also, take as much water as you can carry - the water fountains are still not currently operational.

Please
or

TwoBigNoisyBoys · 25/03/2022 07:26

Oh and @Aroundtheworldin80moves advice re the single rider queues is excellent, no you won’t get to sit together, but those queues absolutely whizz through so you’ll get more rides in.

Please
or

MadameFantabulosa · 25/03/2022 07:39

I’d do both parks and go to the Studios first as everyone else heads for the main park, so the Studios are quieter and less queuing first thing.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?