Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Italy entry requirements- I’m confused!

10 replies

Overthehills40 · 16/03/2022 15:35

Can anyone help me with the entry requirements for Italy? I’m super confused!

We’re off in early April- both DH and I are triple vaccinated but DD (7) hasn’t been vaccinated and I don’t plan to get her jabbed yet. She had Covid at end of Nov though and I have her PCR test result on my phone.

Looking at current guidance for entry into Italy, anyone over 6yrs needs either Covid cert for vaccination or Covid recovery certificate or a negative PCR/LFT before travel.

Is this correct or am I being stupid?

If so I’d like to get her a Covid recovery cert so how on earth do I obtain one of those.
Any advice much appreciated- this is our first holiday in 2 yrs and the guidance is confusing me already!!

OP posts:
Please
or

Footballsundays6777 · 16/03/2022 15:40

You are correct, the govt website is the easiest to understand:

From 1 March, all travellers, aged 6 and over, must show one of the following:

proof of vaccination OR
evidence of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before entering Italy or a negative rapid lateral flow test taken within the 48 hours before entering Italy OR
a COVID-19 recovery certificate, certifying that you have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months

I’d try and apply for one through this:

www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/

Please
or

Overthehills40 · 16/03/2022 15:51

Thanks- I’ve tried that but you can only seem to use that if you’re 12 or over.

Doesn’t seem to have any option for under 12s who aren’t vaccinated.

OP posts:
Please
or

Geamhradh · 17/03/2022 06:08

If you can't get a recovery certificate, she'll need to go down the negative PCR route.

Please
or

Solasum · 17/03/2022 06:18

Lab certified lateral flow will do and is much much cheaper than a recovery certificate

Please
or

TimeForLunch · 17/03/2022 06:20

I looked into getting a certificate of recovery for my 11yo and it does seem you can only get this for 12 and over. We opted for a fit to fly home antigen test in the end.

Please
or

Oriunda · 18/03/2022 20:47

Children accompanying fully vaxxed adults need to do.a lateral flow test (if over 6yrs) 48hrs or less before your arrival time in Italy. Or the more expensive PCR. We always do the antigen/lf tests.

Please
or

Nootkah · 19/03/2022 08:24

There are many private clinics who will provide a proof of recovery letter based on the NHS results in the past. Not cheap though!

Please
or

ladybirdm · 29/03/2022 21:01

I have a question please.

Can the test for Italy be a home test with a certification or does it have to be in store eg Boots?

Many thanks

Please
or

Oriunda · 30/03/2022 08:44

Home test is fine. We usually do the Chronomics one as they’re around £18 or so and you get your certificate instantly.

Please
or

ladybirdm · 30/03/2022 21:18

Thank you so much for your reply. Put my mind at ease xxxx

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?