Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Canada

10 replies

Thebetterplace · 10/03/2022 09:13

So but of advice, so you Canada (Toronto) is doable in 2 weeks. We have family out there, so would stay with them, and really want to visit main attractions, not travel out of the area. What do we thing mm, can it be done?

OP posts:
Please
or

TizerorFizz · 10/03/2022 12:27

I’m confused. The whole of Canada isn’t doable in 2 weeks. Staying in and around Toronto obviously is. You could fly to Vancouver and spend time in British Columbia if you don’t want all your time in Toronto. Or fly east to Nova Scotia and Halifax. Shorter flight back to Uk. But you need to priories what you want most and plan your time.

Please
or

lifeuphigh · 17/03/2022 13:28

Do you mean it's doable because entry requirements are changing?

How old are your kids? Toronto Zoo, Science Museum, Aquarium are all excellent. Then there's the more touristy things like Niagara Falls, CN Tower, the islands...

Please
or

Thebetterplace · 17/03/2022 14:04

No sorry did mean staying in Toronto. Kids are 10 and 5. So was planning on staying in the Toronto, and spending a day or so at Niagara falls area. Is there much to do there? Having look online says it's very touristy?

OP posts:
Please
or

pizzaandgin · 17/03/2022 14:10

We went for 2 weeks to Toronto and managed Niagra including a visit to ontorio, Quebec, and New York.

Please
or

pizzaandgin · 17/03/2022 14:10

My only suggestion is that you decide what you want to do and draft an itinerary

Please
or

Thebetterplace · 17/03/2022 14:14

Wow can't wait! Hopefully will be able to book and go. Any suggestions of places to visit, stuff I shouldn't miss out, visiting from the UK?

OP posts:
Please
or

lifeuphigh · 17/03/2022 14:21

Yes Niagara Falls is VERY touristy and ££. The falls are amazing but I have say the surrounding area is not my thing, that said, we are planning to take the kids there because I know they will love it. A day is definitely enough, especially if you're staying in the Toronto area, though there are a couple of hotels attached to water parks if that's your DC's sort of thing.

Toronto is a really great city. My happiest childhood memory of Toronto was going to a Blue Jays game - if that's the sort of thing your family might like, check if they're playing at home while you're there.

The only other thing I'd say is do build in time to adjust to the new time zone and the heat. We tried to pack too much into a few days in Boston one summer and ended up with seriously over heated, over tired kids.

Please
or

lifeuphigh · 17/03/2022 14:22

www.thecrazytourist.com/40-places-canada-see-kids-grown/

There are quite a few places in the Toronto environs on this list :)

Please
or

pizzaandgin · 17/03/2022 14:58

Agree Niagra falls were amazing to see but the actual place was touristy.

Kids loved the aquarium

And going to an ice hockey game was the top highlight

Please
or

Thebetterplace · 17/03/2022 14:59

Oohh thank you so much for the tips! Will keep this all mind!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?