Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Proof of positive covid test for travel insurance

6 replies

Ohbabymama · 07/03/2022 10:40

What proof do travel insurance companies require of a positive covid test as a reason for trip cancellation in order to cover you, does anyone know? Do they take your word for it or do they need a record of a positive lateral flow test, or a PCR, and/or a doctor’s note? How about cancelling directly with flight companies and holiday accommodation providers, does anyone have experience of them requiring proof of covid as a reason not to travel and therefore request a refund? Many thanks πŸ™πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ™‚.

OP posts:
Please
or

Newhere2021 · 09/03/2022 09:50

Bump. Also interested in this as husband has tested positive for Covid 13 days before holiday πŸ˜”

Please
or

SagittariusDwarf · 09/03/2022 13:10

I imagine they will definitely need documentary evidence.

Sorry to hear about your husband newhere2021

Please
or

CraftyGin · 09/03/2022 15:32

My DIL got a PCR test when she had +ve LFTs. This was purely for travel insurance and to get her flights rebooked.

This was just before Christmas.

Read what it says in the fine print of your travel insurance.

Please
or

FixTheBone · 09/03/2022 16:02

My NHS Covid app has the results of my registered LFT results and PCR tests on it.

Please
or

CraftyGin · 09/03/2022 16:37

@FixTheBone

My NHS Covid app has the results of my registered LFT results and PCR tests on it.

The NHS Covid app has this info, but to get a travel pass, you need to go to the actual NHS app, which basically has info on your vaccines.
Please
or

Georgyporky · 09/03/2022 17:46

@FixTheBone

But isn't that what you've input yourself?
Surely the policy will require independent verification.
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?