Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Taking 5 month abroad

3 replies

username09643 · 06/03/2022 11:57

Hi. Can I have your tips/tricks for taking a 5 month old abroad please?

We are going to an all inclusive resort in Greece so flight just under 4 hours, she is exclusively breastfed also.

Thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

Nikki305 · 06/03/2022 21:57

5 months is a great age to go. Not mobile, easyish to hold on the plane (especially if breast fed) , no need to worry about solids for them. Obviously take a buggy for naps etc. Have a fab time!

Please
or

zafferana · 07/03/2022 08:57

Agree - that's a great time to take a baby abroad! You don't say when you're going, but if it's going to be hot make sure you have a really good sunshade for the pram/pushchair (something like this: www.healthandcare.co.uk/paediatric-pushchairs/protect-a-bub-pram-shade.html), and accept that you'll probably need to retreat to your room for her to nap in the cool at least once a day. You could take it in turns though to stay with her/lie by the pool. If she's EBF, that's great as super easy to manage for the travel. BF at take off and while the plane is coming down so she doesn't get ear pain from the pressure change. Take several spare sets of clothes and nappies (plus a clean top for you) in your hand luggage, just in case. And enjoy! This will probably be the easiest holiday you have for a while ...

Please
or

Hesma · 10/03/2022 18:37

Take spare clothes for you in your hand luggage. I took my then 15 month old to Oz and she threw up all over me when we hit turbulence. I finished the journey wearing Qantas PJs 🤣

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?