Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Covid travel rules for Spain

21 replies

bendmeoverbackwards · 24/02/2022 14:32

The rules seem to be constantly changing, I'm confused.

From what I understand, you can enter Spain if fully vaxxed (ie 3 jabs or 2 jabs within 270 days). You need a passenger locator form but NO tests are required.

Have I got this right?

OP posts:
Please
or

Rachie20 · 24/02/2022 14:33

Yes

Please
or

TheDogsMother · 24/02/2022 14:35

I am travelling there soon and yes that is my understanding.

Please
or

Lozza70 · 24/02/2022 14:39

Yes correct.

Please
or

bendmeoverbackwards · 24/02/2022 14:39

Thank you.

OP posts:
Please
or

MerylSqueak · 24/02/2022 14:39

DH was trying to work it out and found it very confusing too

Please
or

the80sweregreat · 24/02/2022 14:57

We are going on the 2nd April fir a week and found the information a bit confusing too ! We are both fully vaccinated, boosters etc

Please
or

bendmeoverbackwards · 24/02/2022 15:17

I’m going with my 19 year old dd who hasn’t got round to having her booster yet. She had her second jab on 2nd September so I think that’s ok as it’s within 270 days.

OP posts:
Please
or

TomAllenWife · 24/02/2022 15:21

Yes that's right
We went in Jan and Feb
They didn't check DS1 vaccine passport but did check DS2 (12)

Please
or

bendmeoverbackwards · 24/02/2022 19:49

I can’t seem to find my covid pass now, it’s on the NHS app right?

OP posts:
Please
or

adriftabroad · 24/02/2022 19:55

Where are you going? Out and about different rules for different provinces.

Please
or

bendmeoverbackwards · 24/02/2022 20:35

Barcelona

OP posts:
Please
or

adriftabroad · 24/02/2022 21:11

Oh you'll be fine there... it's Valencia that is super super strict wherever you go and curfews and rules change daily etc... i think andalucia also.

Have a great time!

Please
or

QueenofLouisiana · 24/02/2022 21:14

Yes, I’m currently in the Canaries- no tests needed. Do make sure your documents are in order as they were checked just after passport control.
Masks in shops, bars etc but not needed outside if you can social distance.

Please
or

bert3400 · 25/02/2022 04:23

@adriftabroad

Errrm I live in the Valencian province and we have no restrictions especially not a curfewConfused. The only rule we have is masks inside, such as restaurants but you take them off as soon as you sit down

Please
or

adriftabroad · 25/02/2022 07:28

[quote YmVydDM0MDBdKipAadriftabroad**

Errrm I live in the Valencian province and we have no restrictions especially not a curfewConfused. The only rule we have is masks inside, such as restaurants but you take them off as soon as you sit down[/quote]
I am too.

We seem to have very different experiences. Pleased yours are better than mine.

Please
or

adriftabroad · 25/02/2022 07:30

Rules are meant to be lifted slightly on the 28th Feb but that has been put back twice already.

Please
or

Campervan69 · 25/02/2022 07:35

You do have to fill out a Spanish travel form and get a QR code to enter however. They checked them after passport control at a separate booth when we went to the Canaries last week.

Please
or

adriftabroad · 25/02/2022 07:54

I have just checked (as I said, they change their minds very often on the rules when out and about, once you have entered the country)

El Pais reported on Monday that on Tuesday 22nd from midnight, lots of restrictions to be lifted (restrictions in bars, restaurants, face coverings out doors, limits on numbers, need to produce passport to go Burger King (DD)! Cinema, etc)

I am quite excited but I haven't been out since Wednesday and DD said all rules still in place when she went to school yesterday, everyone is still walking along outside with masks on. It may just be taking time to filter down.

I really hope it's true.

Anyway, the point of the thread is OP has a good holidaỳ Smile

Please
or

bert3400 · 25/02/2022 09:23

@adriftabroad

Puig has eliminated pretty much all restrictions....Masks still inside, but 10 or more can now dine together, tables no longer 1.5m apart in restaurants and bars and Covid passports aren't required any longer . Yes my son still has to wear a mask in school as well but that does faze him at all . Fingers crossed we keep going in this direction . Smile

Please
or

adriftabroad · 25/02/2022 09:37

Yes, I'm so grateful you made me check @bert3400, I have been holding out for the 28th. But it says he did change the rules this week. I am so happy, particularly for DD as she hasn't got her passport yet and couldn't go to a ciema trip last weekend, or even Burger King.

I am frankly over the moon! We are the last province to do it.

(I really don't care about masks either and DD actually likes them)

Bon Dia!!! Grin and thanks again for the heads up, it will be really useful for anyone coming to the costas or Valencia area in coming weeks.

Please
or

CraftyGin · 09/03/2022 15:49

You need to complete a Spanish Travel Health Pass that they will check at your departure airport in the UK, and again on arrival in Spain.

It's easy to do, and will include your flight number, your self-declared vaccination status etc. You get a QR code that you save into your phone's wallet. You also need proof of vaccinations from the NHS app (not the NHS Covid app) - I think it is called a Covid Travel pass.

On the way back, you need to do a UK passenger locator form, which is fairly similar, but you put in your health details, vaccination status and that's all you need to show after your passport and boarding pass.

These forms can be a bit daunting but you soon forget about that once you have downloaded the QR codes.

Download everything to Wallet or Notes, or something similar, so that you don't have to worry about having an internet connection.

Spain is still mandatory masks, even on the street if it is busy, so make sure you take a pack with you.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?