Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Can someone please advise re France travel and unvacinated teens

15 replies

stirling · 19/02/2022 16:58

Hoping to get away to Paris in April, just me - double vaxed and kids age 14+16 neither vaccinated.

I've looked it up on an official website but the ticks are confusing.

Anyone?
Thank you

OP posts:
Please
or

Justkeeppedaling · 19/02/2022 17:16

Get them vaccinated.

Please
or

Parpophone · 19/02/2022 17:19

Please
or

PAFMO · 19/02/2022 17:21

Unvaccinated anybody can only travel to France for essential reasons. It's on the UK gov website
If you pass the "essential reasons" they have to test etc.
www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements

Please
or

Siepie · 19/02/2022 17:22

I don't know about travel to France, but within France:

• your 16 year old won't be able to enter anywhere (cafes, tourist attractions, long distance trains, etc) unless they've had 2 vaccines, and you won't be able to unless you've had 3

• your 14 year old won't be able to enter anywhere unless they do a PCR test every 24 hours (or get 2 vaccines)

I don't think Paris is the destination for you.
Please
or

Siepie · 19/02/2022 17:23

From here:
www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-vaccinal
www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-sanitaire

I don't think the pages are available in English unfortunately

Please
or

astoundedgoat · 19/02/2022 17:23

Well, the rules are always changing - they literally just changed to no testing for vaxxed teens, for instance.

Easiest thing is to get them vaccinated, but actually I don't think you'll get the 2nd jab by April unless they're high risk.

I think they'll just have to be lateral flow tested by then, if at all.

Please
or

Parpophone · 19/02/2022 17:34

Not quite correct - this is from the link you provided:

From 12 February 2022, travellers from the UK to France who are not fully vaccinated no longer need to self-isolate on arrival. Travellers who are not fully vaccinated need to provide:
A completed international travel certificate to prove the reason for essential travel (not required for children under 18 who are accompanied by vaccinated adults). This can be found on the French government’s website (in English).

So they can enter France. However, if they actually want to go anywhere (museums, cafes, attractions etc) then they will need the passe-vaccinal/passe sanitaire (link posted above)

OP - you my also run into problems depending on when your second vaccine was. You need a booster within a certain amount of days of your second dose to be considered fully vaccinated.

Please
or

Parpophone · 19/02/2022 17:35

Sorry, my reply was to @PAFMO - the thread moved on a bit whilst I was typing!

Please
or

Clymene · 19/02/2022 17:37

You can go and have a shit time. Or you could go to Edinburgh instead.

Please
or

PAFMO · 19/02/2022 19:50

@Parpophone

Sorry, my reply was to *@PAFMO* - the thread moved on a bit whilst I was typing!

Ah, sorry. Missed that.
I still wouldn't bother in the OP's case.
As others have said, things are changing all the time though, and I'm sure restrictions will be relaxed rather than tightened as we go towards summer.
Please
or

raspberryjamchicken · 19/02/2022 21:08

Currently, 12-17 year olds can travel into France without restrictions as long as the adults accompanying them are fully vaccinated. At the moment you need to show a Covid pass for entry to public places like restaurants, museums etc from the age of 12 up.

Please
or

raspberryjamchicken · 19/02/2022 21:10

And as PP said you need to have had your last adult vaccine dose within a certain time frame. I think it may be 9 months but would have to check.

Please
or

stirling · 19/02/2022 21:16

So glad I posted!
Thank you mumsnet Flowers

OP posts:
Please
or

stirling · 19/02/2022 21:17

@Clymene

You can go and have a shit time. Or you could go to Edinburgh instead.

Smile
OP posts:
Please
or

Spudina · 20/02/2022 21:21

Hi, I have a question. I was lucky to get my 3rd booster early (Nhs) in November. So in August I will be almost over or over the 9 months/240 days since vaccination. Does that mean I can’t go to France. I’m finding it really confusing. DH had his a month ago, so he should be ok?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?