Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Would you chance a long weekend break in Spain Easter holidays?

17 replies

Diditopknot · 15/02/2022 18:10

Looked at London, bloody nightmare trains, really high cost.
Looking at 5 nights all inclusive in Spain.
Would you chance it? What are the CURRENT restrictions because things are changing so much.

OP posts:
Please
or

PAFMO · 15/02/2022 20:04

The current restrictions are on the UK gov website and the Spanish govt website.
In most countries restrictions are being slowly but surely relaxed thankfully.
I wouldn't hesitate to book Spain for Easter.

Please
or

Wnkingawalrus · 15/02/2022 20:08

I’d be more worried about the weather than covid to be honest. Once had a May bank holiday completely washed out in Mallorca.

Please
or

AnyFucker · 15/02/2022 20:09

Chance ? What is this chance ? Confused

Please
or

EmmaStone · 15/02/2022 21:48

How do you mean by chance? It's pretty easy to travel to and from Spain if you're vaccinated. And I believe they recently dropped the need for children (unsure of ages) to be fully vaccinated.

Please
or

shinynewapple22 · 15/02/2022 22:50

We are in Spain at the moment (Costa Del Sol). We had to complete the online health confirmation and passenger locator form plus everyone over 12 has to be double vaxxed plus booster if your original second vaccine was before May last year . There is supposedly an outdoor face mask rule, but I haven't really seen this much in practice apart from with elderly people. It may be more in use in city areas . You don't need any testing on way there or way back .

Weather is FAB!!!

We also travelled last October by the way, there is a slight difference regarding vaccination requirements and the dropping of the testing on arrival in UK but I wouldn't say there are massive changes , only what was put in over the winter due to omicron and if anything I would expect there to be relaxing .

Please
or

shinynewapple22 · 15/02/2022 22:53

@Wnkingawalrus

I’d be more worried about the weather than covid to be honest. Once had a May bank holiday completely washed out in Mallorca.

Unusual I would have thought . Definitely unusual for mainland southern Spain - although possible absolutely anywhere .
Please
or

Notdoingthis · 15/02/2022 22:54

Yes just booked one myself.

Please
or

MopHeaded · 15/02/2022 22:57

I’m in the Balearics at the moment. Very relaxed. Masks in shops/taxis, no restrictions anywhere else. Feels very similar to the UK. People want to move on.

I’m travelling abroad again at Easter. Unless things drastically decline, there’s no reason not to.

Please
or

jocktamsonsbairn · 15/02/2022 23:14

Go for it. I'm going to Greece in the Easter holidays and I'm bloody going!!! Been changed 6 times!

Please
or

Diditopknot · 16/02/2022 06:28

Ahhh great news and reassurance thank you everyone.
It’s crazy that it’s cheaper to fly abroad for 5 nights than it is to go to London.

It’s the testing bit and getting stuck that was worrying me. But it’s all settled now I think.
All vaccinated in this house so should be fine.

Had my head in the sand re travel for 2 years so now I’m emerging… I know nothing!

OP posts:
Please
or

Fundays12 · 16/02/2022 06:34

Yes I would but be prepared with warm jumpers evenings and nights are cold..I went Spain early April and nights were baltic. The day time was ok some wash out days and a couple of sunny days

Please
or

shinynewapple22 · 16/02/2022 09:27

That's true Fundays. I've been sunbathing in shorts and sun top in the afternoon (didn't pack swimwear) but needed a coat in the evening . By Easter normally a jumper or hoodie OK.

Please
or

AuntTwacky · 16/02/2022 09:28

Definitely!

Please
or

Twilightstarbright · 17/02/2022 15:55

Another MN on the CdeS. It’s beautiful during the day but need a coat at night. The passenger locator form is straightforward if fully vaxxed and apart from masks in indoor communal areas it’s pretty normal.

Please
or

zafferana · 17/02/2022 16:02

We just got back yesterday from Malaga. Weather was a mix of chilly/windy and lovely warm sun and t-shirt weather - by Easter I'd expect it to be warmer and more settled unless you're unlucky.

Restrictions as above :

• 2 vaccines for everyone over 12 and booster if second dose >270 days ago. Take paper copies of these as makes scanning the QR codes much easier.
  • Fill out Spanish health form before you go and QR code from that is checked when you arrive - again print these off so you have paper copies.
  • On the way back, UK passenger locator form. The forms are fiddly, but perfectly doable. Take an iPad if you have one as much easier to do on that than a phone.
  • Masks indoors and they are VERY strict about that, but otherwise no restrictions and no tests needed either way.

The worst thing about our 5-day trip was the airports both ways - Heathrow was horribly busy on Saturday, loads of queuing, not much time to shop or get to the gate. In Malaga yesterday they had just one check-in desk open for the whole economy section of the plane and that was with BA, not Ryanair. Not impressed at all and left us with a bad final impression of what was actually a really nice break. We had a really warm welcome in Malaga.
Please
or

Notdoingthis · 17/02/2022 18:12

Thanks zafferana, really helpful. I guess all the forms are easy to find online?

Please
or

zafferana · 17/02/2022 19:10

Yes @Notdoingthis, actually BA sent us a link to them both within 48 hours of departure each way. Not sure if other airlines do this, but possibly.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?