Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Italy green pass for 13 year old

12 replies

Alex2110 · 07/02/2022 14:49

My daughter has contracted covid and was unable to get her second jab as planned before our trip. We are due to go to Rome for her 13th birthday treat on the 20th Feb. I am aware that she needs the super green pass to access restaurants, tourist sites etc. I have read that proof of covid recovery will be accepted but can anyone confirm this. I can’t find any official confirmation of this. When I called the hotel they said they would still want to see proof of a negative test so I am not filled with confidence that the nhs proof of recovery will be accepted. Does anyone have any advice? I have come down with covid too but as I am double vaccinated this doesn’t seem to be an issue.

OP posts:
Please
or

Geamhradh · 07/02/2022 19:57

Yes, that's the case.
Super Green Pass = vaccinated or recovery certificate.
www.esteri.it/en/sala_stampa/archivionotizie/approfondimenti/2022/01/covid-19-cittadini-italiani-in-rientro-dallestero-e-cittadini-stranieri-in-italia/
This is the Italian govt website, scroll down past Group C countries and you get the requirements for Group D (including UK) and then further down still it explains about the GP and SGP.

italygreenpass.com/what-is-the-super-green-pass-for-holidays-in-italy/

That's a link to an (unofficial) site for tourists. It tends to have correct info as well.

Please
or

Hohofortherobbers · 07/02/2022 20:23

Hi, is the reason she needs a super green pass because she doesn't have proof of complete vaccination? I read on the gov website that you can get a super green pass with proof of negative LFT on the Italian website, it is in Italian but the gov website gives instructions on how to navigate it. I don't think you will need the super green pass if you have nhs proof of complete vaccination with a QR code though see attachment below :

Please
or

Hohofortherobbers · 07/02/2022 20:24

Aaargh, won't let me attach,

Please
or

Hohofortherobbers · 07/02/2022 20:32

I think this is the website, it allowed me to switch to English :

www.dgc.gov.it/web/faq.html#gpr

Please
or

Geamhradh · 07/02/2022 20:49

@Hohofortherobbers

Hi, is the reason she needs a super green pass because she doesn't have proof of complete vaccination? I read on the gov website that you can get a super green pass with proof of negative LFT on the Italian website, it is in Italian but the gov website gives instructions on how to navigate it. I don't think you will need the super green pass if you have nhs proof of complete vaccination with a QR code though see attachment below :

Everyone needs a SGP to access bars, restaurants, transport, public buildings etc and most other places need a GP which you can get with vaccination or recovery or testing.
Please
or

Hohofortherobbers · 07/02/2022 21:26

@Geamhradh, if you're travelling from the UK the NHS proof of vaccination is accepted as the super green pass, as long as you have a QR code on it. It states that on the gov website and the Italian website.

Please
or

Geamhradh · 08/02/2022 05:43

Yes, that's right
The OP is asking if a recovery certificate also counts as a GP/SGP.

Please
or

Alex2110 · 26/02/2022 14:17

Thank you for all your responses. We have just got back. We had a wonderful break. No issues at all with my daughter’s proof of recovery on the NHS app as it got the green tick required when the QR code was scanned. We were checked for entry to all tourist sites and most of the restaurants checked our vaccination status as well. No checks coming though the airport into Italy but we were checked leaving. Masks required in all inside venues but most people did not wear them outside. Hope this helps anyone planning a trip.

OP posts:
Please
or

holidaydreaming · 26/02/2022 18:26

Thx Alex - really useful
Did you use any public transport?

Please
or

Geamhradh · 27/02/2022 09:54

@holidaydreaming

Thx Alex - really useful
Did you use any public transport?

Public transport still requires masks and SGP and will do until 31st March when the state of emergency will hopefully end.
Masks are no longer necessary out of doors (since 11th Feb) unless there are crowds, but most shops will still only admit a certain number of people at a time.
Please
or

Alex2110 · 04/03/2022 18:23

We didn’t use public transport, just taxis and we did wear masks.

OP posts:
Please
or

tiredbetty · 05/03/2022 13:18

Alex2110, did your daughter have to take a Covid test in Italy before returning the the UK. I had read somewhere non-vaccinated minors have to. We are planning a trip shortly and my 15 year old has had covid twice now, but only managed 1 vaccibe because of the covid, so will have to travel on a recovery pass.

Please
or