Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Spain - do we need a test if fully vaccinated?

14 replies

zafferana · 05/02/2022 10:18

I can't figure this out as the information on the Spanish health site seems to contradict info on the FCO website.

Minsterio de Sanidad website says:

If you come from a HIGH RISK country, at the health controls on arrival in Spain, you will be required your SpTH QR code together with a vaccination or recovery certificate and, in addition, a SARS-CoV-2 diagnostic test certificate with a negative result.

The FCO site says:

If you’re fully vaccinated and travelling from the UK, you can enter Spain without needing to test or quarantine regardless of your reason for travel. Your vaccination status must meet the Spanish authorities’ validity period requirements.

We are three fully vaccinated over-12s and one under 12.

Has anyone been to Spain in the last few weeks? If so, do we need to do an antigen test for travel to Spain or not?

OP posts:
Please
or

AnyFucker · 05/02/2022 10:22

No

Please
or

DrRamsesEmerson · 05/02/2022 10:22

I’m trying to figure this out too - I think the UK is classified as a Risk country but not a High Risk one in the Spanish system, so you just need to meet the vaccination requirements and fill in the health control form.

Please
or

AnyFucker · 05/02/2022 10:23

The UK is classed as RISK not high risk

Please
or

MyDcAreMarvel · 05/02/2022 10:24

No you don’t need a test if you are fully vaccinated.

Please
or

Fuckitydoodah · 05/02/2022 10:28

You don't need to test, but Travellers over the age of 12 have to have had full course of vaccinations with the last not being more than 270 days before travel and an least 14 days before. You also have to complete a traveller locator form.

Please
or

TammyOne · 05/02/2022 10:35

What is the validity period? If I had my last vaccine in November 2021, could I go to Spain in June 2022?
I find all these rule really confusing too.

Please
or

zafferana · 05/02/2022 10:39

Thanks everyone - that's what I was hoping.

You need to work out if there is more than 270 days between your last vaccine and your travel dates @TammyOne.

OP posts:
Please
or

AnyFucker · 05/02/2022 11:39

If your SECOND vaccine was more than 270 days ago you will need to have the booster more than 24 days before you travel

There is currently no expiry for the booster

Please
or

AnyFucker · 05/02/2022 11:40

Sorry, 14 days

Please
or

TammyOne · 05/02/2022 13:02

Thanks- ok so “ fully vaxxed” includes booster? Sorry, should have been clearer, I meant booster when I said last vaccine.
So, if you don’t have the booster I guess you can’t go to Spain? I wonder how long that rule will be in place.

Please
or

zafferana · 05/02/2022 13:15

Who knows @TammyOne? Simon Calder reckons there will be a lot of relaxing of rules, possibly as early as Easter, to entice tourists back. He reckons that the tourist boards of countries such as Spain, the economy of which will be massively impacted by these punitive rules for British visitors, will put pressure on the govt to relax the rules soon. The Omicron wave in Europe is somewhat behind the UK, so once it starts to recede, perhaps we'll see some positive changes 🤞🏼

OP posts:
Please
or

OverByYer · 05/02/2022 13:18

I'm going to Tenerife next week, my understanding is fully vaccinated is 2 doses, with the second dose or booster being within last 270 days.
I hope I'm correct as I only had my booster yesterday.

Please
or

OverByYer · 05/02/2022 13:22

From 1 February onwards, at least 14 days must have passed since being fully vaccinated (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) before arrival in Spain. Your date(s) of vaccination must be specified and your final dose must have been administered within 270 days prior to travel to Spain. If you completed your vaccination (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) more than 270 days prior to travel to Spain, you must be able to show proof of having receiving a booster jab.

Please
or

AnyFucker · 05/02/2022 13:24

Booster has no time limit but must have been more than 14 days before travel. Please check this @OverByYer with your travel company

Please
or