Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Amsterdam/Copenhagen/Nice for family holiday in Easter?

8 replies

Zebra2029 · 27/01/2022 17:37

Which is the best option in terms of things to do, travel time, expense and weather? Family of dh, myself snd 2 ds aged 4 and 11. Thank you!

OP posts:
Please
or

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe · 27/01/2022 17:40

Both lovely choices but your money will go a lot further in Amsterdam

Please
or

MissAmbrosia · 27/01/2022 22:16

Weather - Nice. Last Easter we had lots of snow in northern Europe. Copenhagen will be the most expensive. Nice is pretty good for those ages - playgrounds on Colline du Chateau. Mini tourist train. Beach. Lots of museums. Amsterdam could also be good. Accommodation is expensive though. It is not guaranteed to be very warm.

Please
or

ContadoraExplorer · 27/01/2022 22:26

Copenhagen is up there with my favourite city breaks ever. It is expensive but we knew that before we went so wasn't an issue. I have a few friends who have had family holidays there and all of them loved it.

Please
or

Fivemoreminutes1 · 28/01/2022 04:22

Save Copenhagen for the summer. Tivoli opens mid April and it’s always rammed when it first opens. Plus you’ll get more daylight and no chance of snow.

Please
or

reluctantbrit · 28/01/2022 08:32

I would go for Amsterdam, the weather will be better, may still be cold but not as cold as Copenhagen.

Amsterdam has plenty to do for this age group. For some things it may be worth splitting up, the older one may be interested in the WWII resistance museum or the Jewish History museum which may be a bit too much for the younger one.

Please
or

zafferana · 28/01/2022 12:36

If you can get a direct flight to Nice, I'd go there, as while I love Amsterdam and Copenhagen and they're both great in the summer, they could be cold and dreary at Easter. Nice should be pleasantly warm and sunny.

Please
or

gorseinon28 · 28/01/2022 18:48

If you go to Amsterdam there are some interesting things nearby to visit outside of the city. Zaandam for the windmills, Leiden beautiful canals and the botanic garden, perhaps Zandvoort beach if a warm Easter.

Please
or

gorseinon28 · 28/01/2022 18:49

This assumes Mr Rutte has lifted restrictions and you can travel to the Netherlands.

Please
or