Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Holidays with two under 3

3 replies

merrygoround23 · 07/01/2022 19:17

Next year ideally we would like to go abroad, first time with our babies. They will be 3 and 20 months

Does anyone have any recommendations where? Ideally not turkey as DH will never go back there.

We've been abroad tons of time as a couple but Misty sight seeing touristy holidays, city breaks etc. As a family we've been to caravans as the kids are so small and covid etc And I've been pregnant forever

I've got no idea where to start, as beach holidays have never been my thing, but guessing that's the best option with kids, but happy for any suggestions

Thanks in advance for any replies x

OP posts:
Please
or

fuckyourpronouns · 07/01/2022 21:38

A cruise! I took my 2 when they were 1&2 and honestly it is the best holiday ever. We did 12n around the canaries.

Pay for the parking at Southampton - you drive up, they take your cases and your car and you check in and walk on the ship. Cases are at the room waiting for you within an hour or so.

On p&o ships there is a night nursery which caters for upto 5yrs til midnight each night. It is amazing and free!! They give you a pager so will contact you if the kids wake up.

Food is available all the time (a necessity with kids and their constant need for snacks!) and people are really friendly. On several occasions people would watch the kids whilst I got some more food. Or the staff would bring it to me and people used to bring me cups of tea in the morning so I didn't need to do it whilst wrestling one or both kids.

Every day the beds are turned down before bed. I'd recommend a balcony cabin for the space.

Please
or

fuckyourpronouns · 07/01/2022 21:43

Sorry posted too soon...!

Every day the beds are turned down before bed. I'd recommend a balcony cabin for the space.

You have unlimited amounts of luggage so fill your boots with nappies/bottles/kids clothes etc. no need to worry about weight limit!

You don't have to do the formal nights if you don't want to. We did a couple which was fun but no requirement. The entertainment on P&O is great.

On first sight it might seem expensive compared to 2 weeks in turkey but honestly it is worth every penny. The facilities are incredible and life is just easy. You actually feel like you're on holiday rather than the same shit in the heat. Every day you wake up somewhere new. We did the red bus tours on most of the stops which were fun for the kids and cheap enough. We didn't book any excursions.

I have cruised a lot pre kids and been on several liners. I'd recommend p&o. If budget is tight have a look at Costa cruises. I haven't been with them but £1400 for a week for 4 or us in October has got me thinking I might give it a whirl. They are 50% cheaper than p&o.

Please
or

OnlyFoolsnMothers · 07/01/2022 21:43

Honestly keep it easy- an all inclusive holiday with a great kids pool and after dinner entertainment somewhere in Europe no more than 4hr flight- oh and pay more money for a private transfer from the airport to your hotel (nothing worse than sitting on a couch with young kids for an hour plus when your hotel is only 20mins away). Also a family room is best if you can get a subdivided room-
Saves you tiptoeing around as much once they go to sleep.

Please
or