Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

European with 4 boys aged 9-15?

9 replies

Redtartanshoes · 06/01/2022 17:13

Looking at a summer holiday in Europe, probably a resort. Would love somewhere the boys had plenty to do, with a little bit of freedom, but was still naice? Have looked at holiday village and Sol Kathmandu, ideally would like something a bit more sporty rather than kiddy if that makes sense?

Probably All inclusive to mitigate against having to remortgage for soft drinks and ice cream.

Any gems? TIA

OP posts:
Please
or

Fivemoreminutes1 · 07/01/2022 05:13

Dubrovnik Sun Gardens

Please
or

Remmy123 · 07/01/2022 17:17

Following as looking for the same for my boys!!

We went to Turkey a few years back and they loved it .. now slightly older but we loved the Turkey climate so may go back!

Please
or

Redtartanshoes · 09/01/2022 17:41

I’m struggling to find much to be honest. It’s either kids slides/clubs or extortionate sport type resorts.

OP posts:
Please
or

Helpimfalling · 09/01/2022 18:01

Lykia Turkey the resort in in Olu Denis I think

Please
or

emmathedilemma · 10/01/2022 15:25

Neilsons beachclubs might suit (or they might fall into the category of "extortionate sport type resorts"?)

Please
or

Redtartanshoes · 10/01/2022 18:29

@emmathedilemma £11k. For a week. B&B 😭

Think we are gonna just suck it up and go Brits abroad to a nice ish resort in Portugal. Not ideal but loads for the teens to do so hopefully should be a relatively peaceful holiday. Plus. All inc wine and gin and wine and gin. 😂

OP posts:
Please
or

emmathedilemma · 10/01/2022 19:48

@Redtartanshoes ha that’s how out of touch with school holidays prices I am, it’s £650 full board outside them!

Please
or

Indiana2021 · 10/01/2022 19:55

How about a large Eurocamp camping village? Lots of freedom to roam, usually have bike hire and the larger camps often have large football pitches/outdoor gym equipment/ multiple pools/ waterslides etc and access to watersports if on the coast.
Some can be a bit remote but others are fairly close to airports and some within easy walking distance of a town or resort.
Obviously not all inclusive but bigger camps usually have a few restaurants/cafes/takeaway/supermarkets on site.
Also a variety of accommodation if basic mobile homes don't do it for you.

Please
or

Redtartanshoes · 10/01/2022 20:13

@emmathedilemma I know it’s obscene. The week after we are going it would have been an extra £1900!

Def don’t want euro camp…. Only 1 of the kids belongs to me… I’d 💯 end up cooking and cleaning for everyone. Not. A. Chance.

We’ve booked the Jupiter in Alberferia if anyone is interested. Not my normal choice of holiday but happy kids means peace and quiet so it’s good enough! Rooms look lovely, food probably average and a wealth of water slides, pitches and unlimited ice cream

OP posts:
Please
or