Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Faliraki for a family - is it appropriate?

4 replies

Walkingtheplank · 28/12/2021 11:01

Looking for a 2022 holiday. Have come across a good hotel in hills above Faliraki. I've not been to Greece before so it's taken awhile for me to remember that Faliraki used to be like Ayia Napa/Magaluf. However, it looks like it has sharpened itself up.

Has anyone been there recently?
Is it somewhere you can go for a walk in the evening?

Can you get a decent meal - don't want egg and chips!

Are there still people in the street of drinking being lairy and having sex in alleys?

Basically am I nuts to consider this location when we want a 'nice' holiday.

OP posts:
Please
or

SweetBabyCheeses99 · 28/12/2021 18:49

No it’s not appropriate.

Please
or

TragoCardboardCopper · 28/12/2021 18:52

Went several years ago at end of season, DP and I were in bed by 10.30 so didn't do any of the nightlife at all. Spent days on the beach / by the pool / on boat trips and didn't see any lairy or drunk behaviour. It may be different in mid summer / school hols time.
It was very very hot even end of September, if that would be a problem for tiny DC.
Restaurants were really nice.

Please
or

derekthe1adyhamster · 10/01/2022 17:32

We went in 2019. There is one strip of clubs now. It's all changed, new laws came in to stop all the partying.
I loved it. Lots of restaurants, lovely beach, boat trips around the coast and not to far to Rhodes old town for a day trip

Please
or

derekthe1adyhamster · 10/01/2022 17:32

It was very hot in July

Please
or