Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

A villa in Mallorca?

2 replies

MissDollyMix · 13/12/2021 17:13

I'm thinking of booking two weeks in August (not necessarily this August) in a villa in Mallorca. I'm enjoying browsing all the sites that come up with Google (main ones, Oliver's Travels, James Villas etc) but would love it if anyone who is familiar with the island could give me some pointers. I've been to Mallorca before and from memory, I think we'd be best off staying somewhere in the north of the island - Pollensa or Puerto Pollensa maybe? I don't know these areas very well though. Is it better to be in a town setting or somewhere more rural that requires a car. If we choose the later then is it easy to park at the popular tourist spots? What other things should I be looking out for? If anyone has any tips for rental companies or lovely villas too, I'd be really grateful. Thanks!

OP posts:
Please
or

EL1984 · 13/12/2021 20:54

Following, am also looking at villas in Mallorca in a nice town with good shops/restaurants and a nice beach :)

Please
or

weebarra · 13/12/2021 21:01

I went to Mallorca as a child and now go with DH and 3 DCs. After years of trying all self catering villas can companies in the pollensa area, my guidance would be:
Villas in puerto pollensa near beach and restaurants good for kids but can have smaller gardens, be overlooked etc.
Ones in the countryside tend to have more character and better outside areas.
Parking in puerto pollensa is fine except on market day.
DO NOT try to drive in pollensa old town, there is a reason why all the residents' cars are dented!

Please
or