Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Travel agent.

3 replies

couchparsnip · 14/11/2021 15:23

I would like to book a multi- destination trip to the US. DCs would prefer own rooms as they are teens so we would like air bnbs or other rentals rather than hotels. Has anyone used a travel agent that would help with this kind of thing?

We have already booked flights and a car. (All cancellable ar the moment just in case) Flying into NY and out of Washington DC 10 days later but would love some help with the rest of it. I'm getting bogged down with details!

OP posts:
Please
or

AttilaTheMeerkat · 14/11/2021 16:14

I do not think a travel agent would assist.

Would stay in a hotel for accommodation in NYC as the whole issue around NY and Airbnb remains volatile and has been for years.

Would look at chain hotels like the Embassy suites for DC.

Please
or

SweetBabyCheeses99 · 14/11/2021 19:36

You could’ve got a travel agent to do the whole trip for you but they prob won’t be able to do accommodation only - there’s not going to be much profit left in it for them and they will also be unable to offer you ABTA/ATOL protection as it’s not a “package holiday”.

One thing you may want to consider - you defo won’t need a car in NYC. It will actually be a hindrance as parking is soooo expensive. It’s unlikely to be included in a hotel. I’d pick the car up when you leave.

Please
or

rookiemere · 14/11/2021 20:15

IMHO travel agents are not helpful- and very expensive- if you aren't prepared to sleep in the same room as your teens.
It should be fairly easy to find accommodation yourself - I use booking.com - and always tick the cancellable box ( now I do, not so much pre covid).
If it's ideas about how to split the trip/itinerary, either here or tripadvisor is really helpful if you post in the relevant forum.

Please
or