Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Club Med Childcare

2 replies

Cate84 · 07/10/2021 13:54

Hi all, we're thinking of booking a holiday at Club Med Portugal next year (September)and would like to make use of their childcare facilities when kids will be 3 and 18 months. Just wondering if anyone had experience using these? I've heard that often out of school holidays English kids can be in the minority and the clubs are conducted in French/ mainly full of French kids. My son (3yrs) is a little on the shy side (although goes to nursery/pre-school so used to these settings) but imagine he may be a little daunted by being the only English speaking child and we don't want to go somewhere he won't be comfortable. Thanks!

OP posts:
Please
or

Cruiser11 · 07/10/2021 22:26

We went to one in Italy a few years ago and there was only one other family who was from the UK. That was during the six weeks school holidays. I went with teens and there were teen clubs but they French was the only language spoken. My DS did go a few times as he could speak a little bit of French. The evening shows were also either French speaking or things like miming or dancing.
If I had younger DC and wanted to use the kids clubs I wouldn’t go, I used Mark Warner a lot when my DC were preschool and that worked really well.

Please
or

Molly499 · 09/10/2021 21:33

It feels much more like a nursery than a kids club, my kids could all speak French but having had the time of their lives at a few Mark Warner places they hated this and wouldn’t go to anything apart from circus schools and independent activities which yours are too young for. I think it will be a giant mistake, look at Mark Warner.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?