Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Australia to allow travel "by Christmas"

4 replies

Frymetothemoon · 22/09/2021 10:02

Will I finally see my family? Can this be true?

OP posts:
Please
or

LovelaceBiggWither · 22/09/2021 10:06

I think it will depend on which state or territory your family is in. We're all hoping that we can reach the magic 80% and for the situations in Victoria and NSW to resolve.

I don't have a lot of faith in Smuggo though.

Please
or

Sandgroper · 27/09/2021 13:34

Nope, not in WA. McGowan is a clown. They are still shut and will be until next year, probably mid year at least. We have been trying to go home for ages, but I refuse to pay/do 2 weeks mandatory hotel quarantine x 4 of us (fully vaccinated). It’s so annoying. Our friends/family are not bothered about overseas travel which shocked me a bit.

Also saw some suggested flight prices (if you can get a flight and government exemption) one way to London at Xmas 2000 AUD 😮. Am sure the airlines will hike up the prices even more than they do for “normal Xmas flights” - bastards and Qantas are only going to take fully vaccinated passengers. Wondered what they will do about kids????

Haven’t been home for 2 years😲

Please
or

Justilou1 · 27/09/2021 13:43

I wouldn’t hold my breath. Our PM is known for making blanket statements that he can’t fulfill. He isn’t driving that bus. The states health ministers are in control of that one.

Please
or

MaverickDanger · 27/09/2021 13:50

Yeah probably not WA. I reckon we’d cost up how much it would cost to stay in NSW for a couple of weeks hol if it was without quarantine.

We’re psyching ourselves for DH’s family to fly from WA next June & finally meet DS who will be 18 months at that point.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?