Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Test for France - unvaccinated 15year old

7 replies

dcb · 19/09/2021 16:43

Just checking - French gov website states that a rapid antigen/LFT is needed within 24hr of departure but can’t be self administered.

So presumably I need to find a company that we can make an appointment for to turn up and do this? Have I interpreted this correctly? Most places seem to just offer appointments for PCR tests. Thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

Brian9600 · 21/09/2021 10:47

I'm also confused about this. We are supposed to be getting Eurostar to France on a Friday evening. Not sure what time I need to make an appointment for my DD- within 24h of departure from UK but guaranteeing that we have the results back in time.

Please
or

ColdAsMice · 21/09/2021 13:03

Does anyone know if this is also still the rules as of October half term? So confusing!

Please
or

abricotine · 21/09/2021 13:19

We did a video call supervised LFT for France (with Qured) and it was accepted no problems at the tunnel. A friend did a similar one that BA accepted on verifly.
uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918 I don't think the rules for travelling to France have changed since end of July and I am not aware of anything proposed to change (yet!). Presumably you have a plan to get around passe sanitaire for the teens? You can test regularly or just avoid dining in at restaurants etc.

Please
or

ColdAsMice · 22/09/2021 07:16

@dcb please do you have the link to where on the French gov site it says that about the LFT tests not being unsupervised?

Getting v confused what is required now both going and coming back with an unvaccinated teen when adults are fully vacced.

Please
or

notimagain · 22/09/2021 08:02

please do you have the link to where on the French gov site it says that about the LFT tests not being unsupervised

There’s reference to it in the text on the French Consulate website (link provided by abricotine) in the section on unvaccinated people.

“Completely unvaccinated people:
If you are not vaccinated, you must give a compelling reason to be allowed to enter Metropolitan France.
Unvaccinated travellers must also provide:
If they are 12 years old or more, and whatever their nationality, the result of a negative PCR or antigen test (in paper or digital format) carried out less than 24h hours prior to departure. Self-administred tests are not considered valid for travel.”

Please
or

notimagain · 22/09/2021 08:24

P.S. It is perhaps more clearly worded on the UK Gov site with regard to travel to France:

“ From Sunday 18 July, arrivals from the UK aged 12 years old or over are required to present evidence of a negative test (PCR or antigen) taken within 24 hours of departure (first flight departure in case of connecting flight). Self-administered tests are not accepted.

www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements

Please
or

Janek · 22/09/2021 17:11

We went to France in the summer and used expresstests.co.uk at Birmingham airport for an LFT for my DDs - they were £35 each and we had the certificate within an hour.

They have various locations in the UK, not just airports, although I think the prices vary. It had to by LFT, because we couldn't have guaranteed to have the results back from a PCR. The test needs to be taken less than 24h before boarding, according to what I read. The results were checked at passport control in France.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?