Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Things to do in/around Plymouth

5 replies

ppan4454 · 11/09/2021 10:50

I'm going to be staying a week in Plymouth with my partner and 1 year old, could anyone suggest some nice things to do?

OP posts:
Please
or

Ricekrispie22 · 11/09/2021 16:35

Picnic on Plymouth Hoe. West Hoe park has a miniature railway and a merry go round.
Stroll around The Barbican
The National Marine Aquarium
Visit Saltram
Tour Plymouth Gin Distillery
Walk in Plymbridge Woods
Take the Cremyll Ferry and visit Mount Edgcumbe

Please
or

ILOVEALLCAKES · 16/09/2021 06:50

Definitely take the ferry to Mount Edgecumbe, you can do this from the Barbican, Cremyll or the Royal William yard. RWY is also a nice place to stroll around, grab a coffee and a bagel from the Hutong cafe.
Avoid Plymouth city centre, although the Mall is ok for essential shops such as Boots & M&S.
The Box museum is interesting.
Plymouth Life Centre has a nice toddler pool and a good play park within Central Park.

Please
or

BigGreen · 16/09/2021 07:28

If you have a car the steam train, bitterly house and otter sanctuary makes a wonderful day out too.

Please
or

BigGreen · 16/09/2021 07:28

Whoops I forgot to say they are in Buckfastleigh.

Please
or

HelplessProcrastinator · 16/09/2021 08:31

Train to Looe or Calstock.

Another vote for Cremyll foot ferry to Mount Edgecumbe. Meal at Royal William YArd on your return.

The city museum The Box is very good. It's free but I think you need to pre-book. Very nice cafe.

Stroll around the Barbican and have a burger from Cap'n Jaspers if the weather is nice.

If you go to the aquarium Rockfish fish restaurant next to it is very nice.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?