Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Spain Resort with Adjoining Room

26 replies

MummyShah369 · 12/08/2021 17:20

We are looking for a holiday ideally in a resort in Spain, but am struggling to find any of the hotels that offer a hotel room that is connected. Ideally we would like to have some time to do our own thing when DC's fall a sleep. The general concept seems to be having one room with extra beds but that would obviously disturb the kids sleep... even in family friendly resorts am unable to find this facility.

Any help on what's out there would be great

OP posts:
Please
or

GoodnightGrandma · 12/08/2021 17:23

Look at the canaries, had this in two places. Also in Barcelona.

Please
or

MrsW85 · 12/08/2021 17:26

The hotels on site at Portaventura all have interconnecting rooms.

Please
or

Frazzled2207 · 12/08/2021 17:27

Also wondered this. Friends seem to all go to hotels where there are 4/5 of them in a single room which sounds like absolute hell to me.

Please
or

GoodnightGrandma · 12/08/2021 17:29

Also, we generally sit on the balcony at night when kids asleep.
Having a drink, people watching, and using the app that names the stars and planets.

Please
or

MummyShah369 · 12/08/2021 18:03

Yeah finding it really hard to find the connected rooms options in all the travel portals... I appreciate that I may have to pay more or even double... we had a such a nice time in Turkey where we had this option of a family room in a resort:
www.delphinhotel.com/EN/delphin-be-grand-resort/be-family-a-family-room

I just cant find something similar or maybe I am not searching for this correctly e.g. using the wrong travel portal

OP posts:
Please
or

MrsW85 · 12/08/2021 18:23

I found that its not often advertised as adjoining rooms they just have the doors in between so ypu have to request rooms next to each other at the time of booking. I've done this with disney and portaventura and had adjoing rooms both times.

Please
or

Branleuse · 12/08/2021 19:44

maybe look at aparthotels.

Please
or

MummyShah369 · 12/08/2021 19:44

I guess the worry is that you might not get them, if it’s based on a request

OP posts:
Please
or

Jedstre · 12/08/2021 19:48

We’ve stayed in two Iberostar hotels in Tenerife and they have had adjoining rooms. Iberostar a chain so worth looking at their website for other countries and resorts.

Please
or

WiseUpJanetWeiss · 12/08/2021 19:55

What’s your approximate budget OP, and when are you wanting to go? There are lots of apartments out there.

Please
or

silkience · 12/08/2021 20:24

Lots of places are actually small apartments rather than just rooms. In Albir Garden Resort (as an example) there are rooms where there is a bedroom plus a lounge with sofa bed and small kitchenette. Not expensive either.

If you give the kids the bedroom you'll have the living space to yourself when they're in bed but you'll have to slum it on the sofa bed!

Please
or

Timeandtune · 12/08/2021 20:31

We have stayed here a couple of times www.melia.com/en/hotels/spain/alicante/melia-alicante/index.htm?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=uberall&utm_content=dynamic
Alicante is a place . Popular with Spaniards. The hotel is lovely. Has a pool and the beach is across the road. Nice mix of Spanish business guests and family functions weddings etc. We loved it.

Please
or

MummyShah369 · 12/08/2021 20:37

Budget is really around the 3 to 5k but can stretch if really required, ideally want a resort something that has a night time desks, kids pool ideally one that’s indoors and heated never know what weather you might get.

OP posts:
Please
or

Jerseygirl12 · 12/08/2021 21:57

Iberostar Cala Barca.

Please
or

MummyShah369 · 12/08/2021 22:55

@Timeandtune thanks for the link looks nice but more of a business feel we wanted something where the kids could have some entertainment e.g night time disco etc… This would be perfect if kids were older nice location and has the connecting rooms

OP posts:
Please
or

ISeeTheLight · 12/08/2021 23:00

Search for family suites rather than interconnecting rooms. They tend to be expensive though. Most big resorts in Spain have those room types - generally with a separate bedroom and living area with sofa bed, unless you pay for a ££££ 2 bedroom family suite.

Please
or

Timeandtune · 12/08/2021 23:00

Alicante has a nice promenade with cafes, ice cream parlours etc . Obviously the beach is there and there is a funfair ( not sure when though). I am not on commission from the Alicante Tourist Board ( honest).

Please
or

MummyShah369 · 12/08/2021 23:06

I found this blog online www.flyingwithababy.com/the-essential-guide-to-all-inclusive-family-resorts-with-2-bedroom-suites/

Posting in case it helps anyone in future

OP posts:
Please
or

CeeceeBloomingdale · 12/08/2021 23:10

Hilton let you book them on their own website, but they have limited options in Spain. And it wouldn’t be a package. Most holiday companies will let you request it but not guarantee it. They are quite rare in holiday destinations, I’d look at apart hotels instead.

Please
or

CeeceeBloomingdale · 12/08/2021 23:16

@MummyShah369

Budget is really around the 3 to 5k but can stretch if really required, ideally want a resort something that has a night time desks, kids pool ideally one that’s indoors and heated never know what weather you might get.

For what? A week? A fortnight? What board? Which month? Your budget probably isn’t enough for adjoining rooms, two rooms means almost double the price.
Please
or

TheFairyCaravan · 12/08/2021 23:46

Go on the Tui website and look at their TUI Blue for Families. Some of those complexes have 2 bedrooms apartments at AI or HB hotels. They’re specifically aimed at families with little ones.

Please
or

MummyShah369 · 13/08/2021 08:39

Thanks all I found something for the 3k mark for 7 nights including flights so very happy during the October half term

OP posts:
Please
or

Frazzled2207 · 13/08/2021 10:20

@MummyShah369

Thanks all I found something for the 3k mark for 7 nights including flights so very happy during the October half term

Well done please share if you don’t mind
Please
or

MummyShah369 · 13/08/2021 12:35

@Frazzled2207 I ended up booking with Tui at the Punta Prima in Menorca part of the Balearic Islands.
Hotel seems good, although TUI in the small print did say some of the resturant's are closed.. also trip advisor review hint at high prices for safe/locker and issues around food... but nothing is ever perfect... cost around 3K with the flights

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g659968-d254185-Reviews-Insotel_Punta_Prima_Resort_Spa-Punta_Prima_Menorca_Balearic_Islands.html

OP posts:
Please
or

MargosKaftan · 13/08/2021 12:47

Was going to say, Neilson and Mark Warner both do interconnecting rooms.

So if you search for family rooms with TUI / Thomson, there's often a "childrens den" - irs not a fully separate room, but an area is screened off with the kids beds.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?