Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

UK visit visa advice.

2 replies

fashu · 08/08/2021 15:02

Before I get onto the main topic of my question, I'm not looking for any advise on travelling red Amber green etc. Just on visas, thank you.

My mum and dad are Indian nationals and are living in India. I haven't seen them since 2019. I usually visit ever year but because of the pandemic and having children I haven't travelled.

I wanted my mum to be there for the birth of my son in May, she has a visa but India went on the red list.
Now India is on the Amber I want my mum to come and see me. Partially because I just want my mum and dad, but also my husband has to work 2 jobs and my son has CMPA and I'm just really struggling.
Their visa expires in November, but I would like her to stay for 4 months. I seen she can extend her visa but that will be £993, considering she only paid £95 that seems like a lot.

I wanted to ask, can we apply for a new visa for her and then the old one will just be cancelled?
Or am I looking at the wrong page?

Thank you in advance

OP posts:
Please
or

BritWifeInUSA · 08/08/2021 16:55

Have you contacted the embassy in India where they got the visas? I don’t know about UK visas but I do know that visas to come here (the US) are being extended by the embassies if the holder lives in a country that meant they couldn’t travel and use the visa due to bans. The time allowed in the country isn’t being extended for people who are not yet here but they are being given more time to travel here, if you see what I mean. Maybe the UK is doing something similar? Especially for close family members.

Please
or

ZiggZagg · 08/08/2021 16:56

Look at UK Visas and Immigration Advice on Facebook, much more knowledgeable people on there but iirc you could probably just apply for a new visa. Good luck Smile

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?