Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Recommendations for resort in Greece with water park

Notname · 27/07/2021 08:07

Hi I’m thinking of booking a week in Greece (or Greek Islands) at October half term, depending on how travel restrictions change between now and then. We have a DS aged 13 and DD aged 9 so looking for something with activities to keep them entertained, preferably with a water park as I’ve seen some hotels have these. Also preferably all inclusive. I’d also like it to be near a town or places to explore so we’re not just stuck at the hotel for a week. And somewhere pretty would be good!

Can anyone recommend somewhere please? Never been to Greece and not done this sort of holiday for years so was hoping for some steer in the right direction, as there’s such a lot of choice out there.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Jerseygirl12 · 27/07/2021 15:38

Check the pools are heated as it could be quite nippy then.

Please
or

Notname · 27/07/2021 20:45

Thanks, I thought it would be ok in October but I guess it could be a bit cool. Although looks like average temps are mid 20s which would be fine. Will search for alternative destinations that may be warm late October that are within a reasonable distance 😊

OP's posts:
Please
or

leccybill · 01/08/2021 11:02

I absolutely cannot recommend enough Stella Palace Resort in Crete. Just got back from there for a second time.
It has a brand new water park, many enormous pools but the best thing is that the food and drink is absolutely out of this world.
They have water polo, volleyball and football organised through the day.

Please
or

roses2 · 01/08/2021 11:06

Crete? Although mid October it's coolish. You might be better going to Cyprus which is 5'c warmer

wheretogowithkids.co.uk/holidays-overseas/20-best-family-friendly-resorts-europe-waterparks/

Please
or

LynetteScavo · 01/08/2021 11:09

Is your half term at the end of October? I'd worry is was going to be a bit too cool for me, but following because I'm looking for a similar recommendation Smile

Please
or

ChildrenGrowingUpTooFast · 01/08/2021 11:12

We went to this a few years back www.tui.co.uk/destinations/europe/greece/kos/kos-town/hotels/blue-lagoon-resort.html

Kids were younger than yours so unsure how good it is for teens. The room has a separate bedroom with bunk beds for kids.

Please
or

Notname · 02/08/2021 18:44

Thanks for the recommendations 😊 I do fancy Crete, but am thinking I might wait til a week or so before and book a last minute deal depending on the weather. Will take a look at the places that have been linked to and keep my fingers crossed for some late Oct sunshine and availability! 😊

OP's posts:
Please
or

traumatisednoodle · 02/08/2021 18:49

We went to Naples in Oct 19, it was glorious, Sicily is lovely and a bit further south my DC reckon Etna land was the best water paek ever. We have been to Creta as well and the water park there was ace.

Please
or

traumatisednoodle · 02/08/2021 18:50

Also Kos

Please
or

thesunwillout · 02/08/2021 19:02

We did Crete 1st week of September and the pool was chilly.
North coast is windy tho.

Please
or

Adelphia1977 · 02/08/2021 19:07

Cyprus would be warmer in October. Ayia Napa has hotels with water play and water park is near. Protaras too.

Please
or

ArabellaPilkington · 03/08/2021 13:56

Atlantica Aegean Blue in Rhodes has a big water park on-site

Please
or

FoodieToo · 03/08/2021 14:09

@ArabellaPilkington

Atlantica Aegean Blue in Rhodes has a big water park on-site

Yes we stayed here and loved it . Hope to return next year.
Please
or

Summersun2020 · 04/08/2021 18:51

Would highly recommend Planos Bay in Tsilivi, Zante. Lovely hotel, all inclusive was really nice (snack bar had freshly cooked sandwiches, panini, salads etc-a nice change from the usual burger and chips). Water park fab, we had kids aged 4-11, they were all entertained, water park for smaller kids in a fenced off area so really safe. Would definitely go back!

Please
or

Notname · 04/08/2021 18:55

Thanks for additional recommendations 😊 I’m hoping weather is good somewhere, and can book at last minute!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.