Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

What happens if you test positive before flying home?

6 replies

Caligal · 14/07/2021 18:40

So we are travelling to Mallorca hopefully in August.

If our antigen test to return to the UK is positive, what happens? Do you pay for an air b&b or something similar to quarantine? Or do you go into a government approved hotel? Does anyone know the procedure here should this happen?

I am trying to plan for all events!!

OP posts:
Please
or

Geamhradh · 14/07/2021 18:48

Depends on your insurance. Make sure you've got a good one!

Please
or

Caligal · 14/07/2021 19:10

What would you recommend? I’m terms of companies?

OP posts:
Please
or

blametheparents · 14/07/2021 20:33

This is something that I am thinking about too.
It’s all very well checking your insurance and knowing you’ll be housed ‘somewhere’, but three of us in a single hotel room with no aircon and no WiFi would not be fun!

Please
or

kindlekeeper · 14/07/2021 20:34

Who would know?

Please
or

Serenschintte · 14/07/2021 20:42

You need to see what the Spanish government say on their official website. In Greece you go to a quarantine hotel - paid for by government.
I also prepped my DC that there is the possibility one (all) of us could test positive. And explained the possible consequences.
Fortunately we didn’t.

Please
or

Madcats · 15/07/2021 08:16

@Caligal

What would you recommend? I’m terms of companies?

I'm only (hopefully) going to Jersey but the policy I bought from Holiday Extras will cover us if we get Covid before (cancellation) or during (accommodation & new flights).

It was just shy of £80 for a week for 3 of us.

Maybe try asking on Tripadvisor forum for the region to see what the isolation policy is. Some places have dedicated hotels if you can't continue to stay where you are.
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?